Messin' wit da man!

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
[Thanks board editor for fixing my typo!]
Sunday Morning, 8:40 am, perfect weather, sunny, riding the Busa to church, full gear, staying at the speed limits....
I came to a right turn at an intersection and took it kinda hot, maybe 30ish and keeping to my lane I had to lean over quite a bit at that rate.  Then I noticed a police car in the left turn across the median.  I was not speeding at all on my morning church commute, nor was I going to.  Oddly, the police car pulled a U turn thru the intersection and pulled into my lane and trailed me about a block back.  Something snapped inside me and I thought, "Oh no, we are NOT doing THIS again..."  so I changed lanes after signaling and head-checking and pulled into the next available road... where I prompty turned around and waited for him to go by.  He did and I pulled out and got in his lane.  Then HE pulled over at the next right turn into an apartment complex and stopped and waited until I went by.... he must have figured we'd do that all the way to church, and he gave up.  Like I said, not the smartest thing to do, but kinda funny never the less. :)

bullet, I was wondering what he would stop me for. Is there any laws against turning around alot? :) is that called annoying an officer or something? just curious

Actually there is a reason that he could have stopped you but it goes into furtive gestures and more evasive actions/attempt to avoid...Usually reserved for persons of known criminal activity...Built on reasonable suspicion...Yadada... :blush:

Actually there is a reason that he could have stopped you but it goes into furtive gestures and more evasive actions/attempt to avoid...Usually reserved for persons of known criminal activity...Built on reasonable suspicion...Yadada...  :blush:
I kinda suspected you were popo Stunnah. :eek:
I never gave any indication that I support law enforcement...How could you have even considered that???Anyway I stand on the 5th...

Actually there is a reason that he could have stopped you but it goes into furtive gestures and more evasive actions/attempt to avoid...Usually reserved for persons of known criminal activity...Built on reasonable suspicion...Yadada...  :blush:
Yeah, what Stunnah said... articulable suspicion. Your actions (furtive actions, avoiding the popo) were such that any reasonable officer with his level of training and experience would have suspected that a crime may be taking place (stolen bike, susp. lic., wanted rider, holdin' drugs, etc... something to hide from johnny law) or is about to take place (in the area to do sumthin' illegal, etc...). The normal everyday biker that is goin' to church just doesn't avoid the popo. Folks that are up to no good most often do.

It's deeper than this but for the purposes of this thread, that's it in a nutshell. ;)

I kinda suspected you were popo Stunnah. :eek:
I never gave any indication that I support law enforcement...How could you have even considered that???Anyway I stand on the 5th...  
Dude, yer cover was blown in another thread... :cool:

guess I'll never pull THAT one again. :) just hate that feeling of being persecuted as a potential criminal just for riding a cycle. hmmmmm.... 1300 on tail, full racing gear, statistics pointing to a speeder... I guess I AM guilty by association! :)
eh, but what are ya gonna do?

Maybe he's a rider, too, and just wanted to check out yer busa? :super: I mean there *ARE* a few cops that like busas. ;) ;) ;)

THOU SHALT NOT SPEED!!!! kidding.
Really it was about how everyone thinks GETTING STUFF makes you happy, when really GIVING is what does. Wow! I summed up 1.5 hours in 1 line.... I coulda been out riding even QUICKER this morning!!! hahahahahaha!

BTW how many real policemen do we have on this board?

As one busa riding cop I follow people just because I'm bored and I can! I have also been riding out of town and been followed. It's never a good idea to peak a cops interest in you. Trust me.

Articulable Suspicion!?! :super: That's a new one on me. Legalese for actin' funny.
The popo popped the potential perp for peculiar proprieties.

Back