Add another one to the list....crash that is

well it happened to me as well, I was pulling on to the street the other morning on my way to work, ever so slightly twisted the throttle to power myself through the corner when much to my chagrin, I hit a patch of frost and the back end decided to come around and meet the front of the bike. Sending me into a pirouette of counter-clockwise sparks, and scraping the left side fairing, exhaust, engine casing, mirror, bar-end, and breaking the tabs off of the top of the fairing where the windshield mounts. dammit! I am still angry with myself for letting this happen. besides a scraped up knee and a severly beaten ego and self confidence I am o.k. but my poor poor bike , it did nothing to deserve this kind of treatment. thanks for letting me vent. I feel a little better now.

Ah, the great white north. Ice sucks.

Really, sorry to hear about that. I tell you the board members have had some really bad luck lately. Here's hoping for a fast re-build (I assume that you sufferred no injuries).

Wow I am not riding mine to work anymore it was pretty cold out here today in Maine as well. Sorry to hear about your accident. Be careful out there I am reading to many of these. I had similar situation in the rain. Didnt go down but scared the crap out of me for a second. Kinda lazy passing this car that was turning hit the yellow line paint in the middle as I was going by and accelerating to catch my buddy just a little. The rain was just a drizzle and we where trying to make it home. the rear tire spun in tlike 4th or 5th gear just accelerating. She came around a bit and because I wasnt expecting it scared the crap out of me.

I think I will stop reading for a few weeks, too much bad happening, and thinking it will be me next time posting about my spill.

Glad to hear you are OK though. The bike will be EZ enough to fix, bodies have a much harder time.

Sorry to hear that yet another member has crashed...I'm glad you're okay (except the ego of course...that'll take some time to heal)...sorry about your Busa though...

I was thinking about riding today, but perhaps I won't... :sad: Too many accidents in the last two weeks or so...

thanks for the sympathies, knee is a little scraped up but nothing serious was only doing about 15km/h. I don't like the sounds of all these crashes; seems to me, a little hex-like. As said before the bike can be fixed. Ride safe.

Man, I'm sorry to hear of your wreck :sad: Like you and other said, you are much more important than your bike, so be thankful. Good luck fixing the Busa.

Back