How loud is too loud? It sounds so good though.

8Daytona8

Donating Member
Registered
Hey more piddling around in the garage. I see others buying midpipes and choppin em. So here is my version of a piss the neighbors off shorty, sick and sweet sounding set of Moto GP Busa pipe's.
all_coholic.gif

AOL.com Images Not Available
AOL.com Images Not Available

my sister in laws screamin eagle deuce is the loudest bike i have ever heard. i would guess that yours would be as loud as that noisy beast.
i like your washer baffle. i used that when i had the vrod.

These weren't even clamped! Just stuck em on. The look i got from the boss was enough!  
all_coholic.gif
 Hey goin for a ride with my Art's on in this 79 deg weather we have on CHRISTMAS Eve!
poke.gif

I love loud pipes....
the cut midpipes are wicked... I am planning on doing this to mine next May when the maintanance warranty runs out. Do you use a PC as well or just running her without?

I "think" I would love the sound of that. I love loud pipes, especially on the Busa but I am not sure if it is too loud? I would love to try it though on mine one day or ride someone elses for a ride around the block! Post up after your ride! 79 deg , I am jealous!! Have fun!!

the pipes look like the bike got a turbo kit , but sound a bit much for the city
smile.gif

Hey I'm back! The rain they said we were going to get is stayin away from here. But now I'm told we got family comin over.
all_coholic.gif
and i get out riding I never make it back in time to not be in hot water. Like I'm just havin 2 drafts @ the Cabbage Patch  
argue.gif
I did ride just around the corner and now have too move out of the hood
guns.gif
Hey I got a few short sets of chrome extensions for a Harley (new) that I cut up and put the Po'mans baffle sys in like the pic shows. These can be adjusted for the rite back pressure. These were set perpendicular in the pipe for the most and didn't seem to hinder the bike at the RPM's or no deceleration popping, I did here anyway. You would need a 2" clamp or the one that is spot welded on your midpipe, but anyone want a set make it worth my while or yours and you could raise a bit of hell or get back at the neighbor that woke you up with the lawn mower last HANGOVER you had!!! These won't require your seal that stays in your midpipe and can be off and your other's on before the LEO can get there!!!! I see they make these and some pay big bucks for em!

173c_1.JPG

(Poppy @ Dec. 24 2006,12:39) Can you post a sound file?
I tried using the dig for a 20sec bit. But when revved just a bit it looses it cookies (camera)
ukliam3.gif
At idle it sounds like a nice sounding set of D&D's so not worth the effort. It sounds sweet i must say! Brings back that uncontrolable feeling i remember when i opened my first uncorked my first set of headers. Motion 396 423 HP RAT.
super.gif
all_coholic.gif

I have been wanting to take the cans off of mine to see what it sounds like, think I will while I am off. Nice looking wheels.

(georgiabusa_05 @ Dec. 24 2006,21:35) I have been wanting to take the cans off of mine to see what it sounds like, think I will while I am off. Nice looking wheels.

I'm actually looking for a tip of some kind to hook up to my muzzy header to replace the can when I get bored. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a shorty style exhaust on my ride and it is loud enough to set off car alarms as I ride past.  I was wandering do you get enough back pressure when you don't have any canister at all.  Is it hard on the bike to run it without some kind of exhaust?

A guy a ride with had a TL1000r and he took the 2 cans off and made his own muffler, which was a 3" exhaust pipe with a 2" inside it and i think he burnt a bunch of wholes in the smaller internals pipe, then he welded on a hanger, he finally had it all chromed last year, But you would think its a lot of work when he could of just bought a can, but it actually sounds bad as$ and cost him like $200 in parts and chrome for both sides, and its definetly different....
Any way cut mids pipes rock..
super.gif

Did I detect some popping? Any backfire ? I've always heard about needing back pressure or you would hurt the engine, but several guys on this site have stated many, many thousands of miles without trouble. A dyno would be good to see the effects. A combustion engine is like a compressor; if you eliminate restrictions in the exhaust it should run better, however without eliminating restrictions in the intake in combination should lessen the effect. I'm no motorman, so maybe one will read this thread and straighten me out. I've also read and heard that slipons don't help much and that most of the restriction in the Busa comes from the exhaust manifold or header, so removing the cans wouldn't seem to make a big difference except in the sound levels.

I think as long as it can be kept at the magic % of 14 to 1 it will run strong. Lean condition being not good, melting things!
all_coholic.gif

(dadofthree @ Dec. 24 2006,20:29) Did I detect some popping? Any backfire ? I've always heard about needing back pressure or you would hurt the engine, but several guys on this site have stated many, many thousands of miles without trouble. A dyno would be good to see the effects. A combustion engine is like a compressor; if you eliminate restrictions in the exhaust it should run better, however without eliminating restrictions in the intake in combination should lessen the effect. I'm no motorman, so maybe one will read this thread and straighten me out. I've also read and heard that slipons don't help much and that most of the restriction in the Busa comes from the exhaust manifold or header, so removing the cans wouldn't seem to make a big difference except in the sound levels.
In regards to the video above .....mine isn't as loud and has no popping compared to the video . BUT , mine is running the stock header and the mid-pipe baffle is still intact .

Nov.6_2006_001.jpg

Back