Need Front Tire (Dunlop?)

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
All,

Does anyone run Dunlop and if so what would be the better tire to get for the front. I am kind of surprised after searching the forums, that no one seems to ever bring up Dunlop on tires...
:thumbsup:

Cloud

Alright... Did some more forum searching with different key words and I think I am asking the wrong question... Here is how I drive, what do you all recommend?

Don't burnout often at all...Love to take her fast when the time presents itself... Do a lot of heavy acceleration in 1st and 2nd when there is some room... Not real ballz on the cornering, but once and a while I will take it pretty hard.

I currently have Bridgestone BT010s which came with the bike. So far, I think they are alright; I have had her slide in the corners a couple of times, but not much... The sliding may be occurring because the front is pretty worn and is ready for replacement...

Any advice?

Cloud

Someone do a Tire poll. Who uses/thinks is the best tire? Mitz, dunlop, bridgestone... ETC ETC.... I liked the oil poll, now we need a tire poll! Sorry for my ignorance if there has been one already.... :D

good idea... I would do it myself, but I am not familiar enough with the tires to put together a descent poll comparing apples to apples...

alright... I am leaning towards the M-1 Metzler SporTec tires... With my riding style, any issues? Do you think it is too soft or will it be an all around good tire for me?

Cloud

Metzeler and Pirelli both make excellent tires, however plan on replacing almost every summer! If you want to play than you have to pay. There are other tires of course that can give you moddest performance at reasonable prices..... and might even last two or more summers. Look to Bridgstone, Michelin, or Dunlop to name a few. The choices come down to the usual, personal preference. I got around 4500 miles on my stock rear tire (BT56) and maybe 7000 on the front. I'm currently sporting Dunlop 208's with absolutely no problems! Still to soon to tell, but I think I won't be dissappointed........

best traction in wet/dry weather is definetely my preference over tire life. So if you think the M-1 will do the best job, but may not last as long, that is cool with me. Tires are not that expensive and a once a year tire is more then acceptible.

Cloud

Back