Calling all military Busa's

Fuego

Registered
Just wanted to see who else here is or was in the military.  I just got my orders and am comissioning on 22 Dec 03 as a 2Lt in the United States Air Force.  I'll be going to Sheppard AFB, TX for Euro-Nato Joint Jet Pilot Training...driving one of the few things faster than a Busa...a fighter jet!  

Anyone from around the Wichita Falls area?  After a couple of years of looking and saving, I've decided that I'll pick up a Black/Grey 03 once the 04's come out.  Thanks for all the great posts and info!

Im not "is or was" in the military, but I plan on joining here soon. Probably the end of October or so... Jet Pilot training eh? Nice! Im not sure what I want to do yet, Ill have to take the test and figure out what I will do..
Im 21 almost 22, think im too old to join? Seems like most are like 18-20... If ya dont mind me askn' what was basic like? And I just heard the gov. is starting to send many reserve/national guards over to the middle east. :super: Sounds scary. (But I guess that is what the military is all about...)

Any advice for me from a fellow Busa owner before I sign my name? hehe Any advice or info. would be great.

Thanks in advance and have fun flyn' those JETS!
:beerchug:

Congrates, I'm in the Navy(17 years) AWC(AW/SW/NAC) Pilkay.
That means I'm a Chief and I do the same thing as your Helo Crew Chiefs and P.J.'s.

KIM???

I've been in the Marine Corps for a little over twoyears now. Got put on active duty in Jan. and just got off in Aug. Thats were I got the money to buy my busa. I'm enlisted now and in college to become an officer. I wouldn't trade my time in for a million dollars. There is nothing more rewording to me then to come home and have everyone and there brother thank you for everything you are doing to help defend this country. this little guy almost looks like he has a set of dress bles on

-Pimpbike

i feel its a duty we all should try and contribute a little to, i mean for all those who died for us to be free in the past we should at least donate our selfs to keeping the country that way!  ... but im going to be up for OCS this next year after my last semester in college ! and get commisoned into the airforce as a 2nd Lt myself any way good luck to those of u who are going and those of you who are in the services ! America supports and loves you guys !  :super:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

thx for your contribution to our freedom

I am a Staff Sergeant in the USAF. Been in 6 years now and I love everyday. Sure the military has its ups and downs, but overall I dont think there is a better job. And they let me work with BOMBS everyday as a bonus! :super: Its fun, you meet the greatest folks, all who want to serve their country.

Feugo... I went through Technical school at Sheppard back in 98, and I was just there Temporary Duty in April 03. My hometown is also 4 hours east of Wichita Falls. If you want any info about the base or local area just ask...

Quazy... BMT is a honestly a piece of cake. It is just a mind game, once you figure that out it is tons of fun. If you are serious about joining let me know. I can offer you some good advice if you are thinking about the AF (enlisted).

Later,
Bill

Fuego, 4 years Active Duty Air Force. Was stationed at Offutt AFB, after 5 months at Ft Mead Maryland for school. Fuego, Going in as an Officer is the way to go, especially a flight rated officer, your going to have fun...

Quazy, Air Force Basic is important in that it prepares you mentaly for performing accurate work under stress. But largely it is summer camp with some exercise and classes thrown in. It's a whole lot of fun and it is really is a just a mental exercise, a mind game. Remember that and you will do fine. Do exactly what you are told how you are told and your in the house. I joined when I was 23 I believe. Not a problem really, the extra years of real world experiance and maturity pays off.
Stay focused, don't get caught screwing around, and you'll blaze right through...

I've been in the Air Force for five years and love it. You won't get rich in the military but the job satisfaction is definitely there.

I would love to get commissioned but my career field just isn't the same as an Officer, Air Traffic Control! :super:

Hope you guys/gals have fun at Pilot training; I'll probably talk to you at one time or another on the radio. If you guys have any questions feel free to PM me.

Josh

PICT0278.JPG

So many guys are in the AF do we not have any in the MArines other than me. Damn that makes it kind of lonely at the top. :D J/K we need all the branch's. We all have our own spacific jobs. But are there no other Marines here. Come guys we need to speek up. All this talk of the AF and no Leather necks.

-Pimpbike

Howlin Mad, is USMC and there are a few other Leather Necks on the board.

United States Navy Active Duty 21yrs 4months. NCCS(SW/AW). I'll be more than happy to assist anyone with they're Navy recruiting needs :newbie: :newbie:

Pimpbike,

They are probably all deployed!

How many of you guys have been gone overseas? It hasn't been long since I got back.

Josh

PICT0276.JPG

Fuego, I went to Indiana University for two years, then went into the Air Force. I did four years active duty, and four years in the reserves. My wife is currently Active duty AF with 15 years. Once I get my MBA, I may go back in the reserves as an officer. Maybe.

I guess I will be the lone U.S. Army of one.  Just went over 19 and 1/2 years.  Started in the Air Force early 1984. Changed over to the Army (1990) to fly some.  I currently fly the Ah-64D as an Instructor Pilot and Instrument Flight Examiner.  Nothing like going to work and the hardest thing being is what to blow the poop out of.  

Tony :beerchug:  :bounce:

Been in the USMC for almost 6 years now. Work on avionics and instruct marksmanship. Just got orders to Pensacola Fl as an avi instructor for the next 4 years. Should be some great times and the best part is that I finally get outta eastern Nc and back to civilization!!!!

Vincent,
If you can wait about 3 years I will be down there for that school. I've passed the aviation test and all I have to do now is PLC and TBS and I will be down there. Oh ya, there is also 2 1/2 years of college left. Then I will be there. Hopefully still with the busa.

Pimpbike

Well, another Army guy joins in. Attack pilot as well, but just rated in the A model Apache. Been in for 13-1/2 years and just got back from the big desert playbox. Nice to be back and enjoying the ride!

Good luck, Fuego!

you wanted to talk LONELY I have yet to see any Coast Guard here besides me. Guess I'll be the token for now, lol 11 years 2months Medical Technician E-6 looking for E-7. Currently a Recruiter so If any of you want to know about how those "RECRUITERS learn to LIE" give me a holler jk, Good to know that I'm apart of a growing family of military busa's

02 Airforce Logistics
E-5 Air Guard C-130 Electrician
E-4 Navy Hornet Environmental/Stuctural Mechanic

Did some combat ops for Bosnia and Desert Storm/Southern Watch.

Good luck to all of you!

Hey Seathug, Ya know I never knew just how hard the Caost Guard works on a day to day Basis until I was active duty and got some exposure. I'll tell you what nothing but respect for one of the Hardest working services in the U.S. Keeping the country safe and protecting the lives of others on a day to day basis. Keep up the good work man. I sleep better knowing you guys are out there...

Rev.

Back