Dropped my 01 Busa in the parking lot

maoz

Registered
Well it finally happened - 6 years after buying my first motorcycle I dropped my baby Busa in a parking lot yesterday. :cussing: I was making an extremely tight right hand turn (too extreme of a turn for the hefty Busa I now realize) and it started to drop. I caught it before it hit the ground, I thought, and I lifted it back up (it is a heavy bird). It did scratch the right side fairing, about as little as one could hope for in a fall, but I am a perfectionist and I guess I'll buy a new fairing (01 blue/silver) for it. It also scuffed the mirror and scratched my stock cans. I already have decided to buy carbon fiber mirrors, Yoshimura bolt ons, and some frame sliders. Pictures tomorrow I hope :sad: Where can I find a brand new right side fairing? I assume I'll have to buy a new decal as well...

Thanks guys - and I'm glad to finally make a long post on here, this is a great community and I'm sure I'll get the Busa back in top form soon with your great advice :)

I feel for you man.  the ONLY times I've EVER droped ANY bike is in a parking lot, going really slow or standing still.  been there, done that, maybe others will learn from us and be even MORE careful at low speed

just look on ebay for that fairing. they have tons of them. as for ur bike sorry to hear about that. luckily ur not injured or ur bikes not severely damaged :sad:

TommyB

:eek:  Yep takes full concentration....100% of the time...With my Wife on the back...really tuff..so close a few times...do not touch the steering lock..down you go unless yer foot is strong enough to keep it up...touchy touchy.. :tounge:

Parking lots suck. We have all been there. I have gotten to the point that I often will stop and walk the bike back a little to negotiate a sharp turn then continue forward rather then risk a very tight turn in one forward motion and possibly dropping the big bird.

Out of 7 bikes in my past, I have had at least one slow speed "lot dump" on 4 of them. Knock on wood that it does not happen on my Busa. Iv'e come close. Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Sorry you scuffed your baby maoz...it's frustrating as hell...

Every drop I've had has been in my driveway (Harley and Busa)...it's frustrating because I handle the bike on the road and maneuver around traffic, stop at lights, etc. without incident (and I'm thankful for that), but I can't get out of my driveway?!

Good luck finding the parts to make her whole again...

Every drop I've had has been in my driveway (Harley and Busa)...it's frustrating because I handle the bike on the road and maneuver around traffic, stop at lights, etc. without incident (and I'm thankful for that), but I can't get out of my driveway?!  

VA, I am feeling for you dropping your baby repeatadly...So I had a thought. You and your man need to create an Asphalt Golf cart path along one side of that damnedable gravel driveway. Just a path about 2' wide leading from the street to your garage. Maybe with a little turn around area... The cost of the path would ceratinly be less than the cost of new body work repairs and parts...

Just a thought!!!

better to drop it barely moving than at 150 ;)

think just about everone here has droped theirs at one point :sad:

Mine went down twice.
One inside the garage. Forgot to use the side stand.
Other while slowing down and entering the parking area. I will take a picture of the pavement there to show you that trap.
"Calçada portuguesa" - L4G4RTO, you know what I'm talking about.

VA,  I am feeling for you dropping your baby repeatadly...So I had a thought.  You and your man need to create an Asphalt Golf cart path along one side of that damnedable gravel driveway.  Just a path about 2' wide leading from the street to your garage.  Maybe with a little turn around area... The cost of the path would ceratinly be less than the cost of new body work repairs and parts...

Just a thought!!!
Hey Rev...I'm wishing I lived in a nice paved subdivision now, but that's not an option, and with an entire LONG gravel road leading to the main roads, no point in paving my little section of paradise, or paying so much to pave a 2' strip all the way out...my luck, a Kamikaze squirrel would sit in my 2' path every single day!

I haven't dropped Caesar since I had him lowered (knock on wood), so I'm hoping those days are behind me now...been riding every chance I've had this week post-Isabel, dodging downed trees and carnage, bodies and electrical lines (this is me, being one of those big wigs with an idea at CBS right now)...

Hopefully those days of dropping him are over...blue skies ahead! :)

I feel for you, having dropped mine I know how much it hurts and until you get it back to it's original condition it just won't feel the same.
BTW don't know about in the USA but it was cheaper for myself to buy a brand new fairing from suzuki than to have one sprayed and buy the graphics etc. unless your lucky and can get one of e-bay.

Thanks for all of the kind words guys - it helps dull the pain :beerchug: Here is a question, if a buy a new fairing does it come with the kanji already affixed? Do I have to go through my dealer or can any shop that can order OEM Suzuki parts through? Thanks again for all the help!

If you buy it new from a suzuki dealer it comes with transfers etc and is ready to just add to your bike.

I'd keep on checking ebay for the fairing. I've been looking for a black and blue left for a few weeks and finally found one. Perfect shape for $111. Couldn't be happier.

Man paiste5, that is a heck of a deal! Tinman - thanks for the info, that is much better than my previous belief that I would have to buy a fairing and then the decal separately. Maybe I'll just buy the new cans and mirrors and check out Ebay all winter. The damage is really minor and I can wait until spring to spring for a new fairing if I can save a couple hundred :D

Back