CBSNews Special on sport bikes... :(

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/08/01/eveningnews/main15214.shtml

Looks like they are going to air a special tonight on how sport bike gangs are putting their lives and others at risk...

May be interesting...

I think I see at least one special every summer about how sport bikes should be outlawed. Tell you what, I think I have heard more sport cars killing innocent people then I have bikes killing innocent people. Now if you want to talk about risk to the driver, yea, I would have to agree, but, everyone makes their own choices in life and the last thing I want is someone regulating mine...

Cloud9

OH yeah this is bound to be an unbiased report.

Then again if they are focusing on some of the "Biker Boyz" wanna be A*&holes out there we do not have a lot of room to complain... It's likely the behaviours of a few that are going to represent the majority...

I'm not watching, it's been a rough day as is...I'm going to go home Clean Lilah, smoke a couple smokes, maybe have a nice single malt...

"News" is NEVER needed in life. It's ALL simply relabeled gossip. Culture is programmed to believe they need to know what is going on elsewhere and that it's more important than their own life. The de-valueing of individual humans. Stop watching news. The constant negative bombardment is unhealthy for you. If something affects you on a personal level, you will hear about it elsewhere anyway. Purge, cleanse, enjoy the emotional freedom. :)

Try not watching any news [web or tv] for a month. Double your money back if I'm not right.

I think I'll pass on watching too...I get enough "you're going to kill yourself on that thing" talks anyway...and I hate that we're all grouped in with a handful of guys/gals that take risks every single time they ride, weaving in and out of traffic and racing at every turn, trying to impress everyone and forgetting the rules of the road; thinking they're invincible...

...we're all risking everything just by hopping on a Busa, or any bike for that matter, but it's up to each of us to do our best to get back safely...that's about all you can do short of not riding at all...

After tonight's airing, I'm sure a few of us will get the "hey, did you see that story on CBS...?"

Agreed WWJD. Whenever I want to take some stress out of my life, I stop watching the news... Let's face it, if it ain't bad, then it ain't news... :)

Cloud

Is this on tonight (25) or tommorrow(26)? CBS websight lists it under stories their working on for tommorrow.

OH yeah this is bound to be an unbiased report.

Then again if they are focusing on some of the "Biker Boyz" wanna be A*&holes out there we do not have a lot of room to complain...  It's likely the behaviours of a few that are going to represent the majority...

It is that way in almost evey group. the few spoil it for the majority. But the movies and media portray motorcycles as a "bad / evil" thing for the most part. And haven't we all seen the biker doing 100 mph weaving in and out of traffic. Now that is bad press :sad:

ride safe  

Well I think I'll try and watch, solely for the fact that I can point out no-no's and stupidity to the kid. Might as well use it for something constructive. See, sometimes even garbage can be used for something. (one day I'll convince the wife of that and she'll stop making me throw my junk away!:D )

Goodie. Now I have to watch out for middle aged mini-pickup drivers trying to side-swipe me again... in addition to the Mexican civic drivers trying to be initiated into their ricer gangs.

That reminds me, I need to add a 'rolleyes' icon. :tounge:

Just get prepared for the bash...I would be shocked if anything positive comes out of it...

these programs just give a BAD image of us all... stupid kids doing this, but people don't think about this and put us all in the same bag... we are all guilty in an unfair trial.
last month in Portugal there was a TV show where they interviewed some a$$h0les driving at 180mph on one of our biggest bridges. Next day everyone wanted to talk to me and tell me that we "motorcycle drivers" are a dangerous specie...

not fair... :mad:

Hate to be riding a sportbike in Dallas after Fridays Police briefing. This national attention tends to get the politicians on the arsss of the Police Chief. I'm sure you know where that will end up!

Okay, now I gotta see what they say about our bikers.

Deadly World Of Sport Bikers
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/09/25/eveningnews/main575164.shtml

I think there's a REAL video also.

I can't wait for:
Deadly world of Cell Phone using drivers
Deadly World of soap using showerers
Deadly World of standing on a corner waiting for a bus
Deadly world of skydiving
Deadly world of dating MPD's
Deadly world of sports gambling
Deadly world of sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit crushing TV News, stuffing junk food into your mouth

:cussing: :cussing:

I watched that segment on "sport bikes" tonight. It was what everybody anticipated it would be - fools weaving in and out of traffic, riding wheelies between cars, stoppies, etc,etc.
The couple of fools that they interviewed for this were ignorant as well - one guy stated that he & the others did this for the adrenelin rush and that while they are clownin' there is no booze, no dope yada yada yada(LIAR). And they were saying that the reason that they do this on the street is because "there is no closed course where they can do this" so the alternative is the street? - OF COURSE THERE IS NO CLOSED COURSE WHERE THEY CAN DO STUPID STUFF LIKE THAT! Could you immagine what a liability a place would have that allowed people to come in off the street and do stunts. If there were such a place, one of these "daredevils"(read dumbasses) would surely crash and then SUE the owners for having such an unsafe place and get it closed. I have an idea, if those people who want to ride like that would get together their resources and buy someplace and get some liability insurance then they would have somewhere to go. At the end of the segment they had a sob story about a 23 yr old woman who was killed on her motorcycle - had only owned/rode a bike for 2 months & out stunting, speeding, etc - an accident waiting to happen. Anyway, all in all it was pretty disturbing and pretty biased - should have watched a rerun of anything beside that piece of trash.

Pit Bull

"News" is NEVER needed in life.  It's ALL simply relabeled gossip.  Culture is programmed to believe they need to know what is going on elsewhere and that it's more important than their own life.  The de-valueing of individual humans.  Stop watching news.  The constant negative bombardment is unhealthy for you.  If something affects you on a personal level, you will hear about it elsewhere anyway.  Purge, cleanse, enjoy the emotional freedom.    :)

Try not watching any news [web or tv] for a month.  Double your money back if I'm not right.
More true words couldn't have been spoken. I was reading the newspaper one day and found my stress level going up and up. Same thing happened when I was watching the tv news. I thought to myself, why for heavens sakes do I need to read, watch or listen to the opinions of idiots - idiots who certainly don't represent ME or MY ideology - idiots who certainly don't give me anything edifying to feed on. Admittedly, there are times when we have to listen to idiots, namely because we're being paid or hired by them, but when we can choose whether to or not, I choose to not.

I reflected on something that used to be hammered into us in school years ago - garbage in, garbage out. That's when I decided to stop reading the newspaper, watching news programs on tv and listening to news radio. I've been clean for a couple of years now and I couldn't be more happy with my decision.

As the old commercial used to say "Try it, you'll like it"

Steve

WWJD - Isa 42:16

Back