SOOOOOOO ticked off right now.  HELP!!

HMan

Registered
I just recieved my Scorpion pipes. Look fantastic and sound great. Even better than anticipated and much better than Yosh *hides from lynching party*.

However, and I will post pictures in awhile, the one on the left side won't work.

Its turned wrong. Sticking out and the bottom is cocked outwards. Not just a little but a lot.

Help? Am I just doing something wrong?

Anyway, I'll get pictures in a bit.

I just recieved my Scorpion pipes.  Look fantastic and sound great.  Even better than anticipated and much better than Yosh *hides from lynching party*.

However, and I will post pictures in awhile, the one on the left side won't work.

Its turned wrong.  Sticking out and the bottom is cocked outwards.  Not just a little but a lot.

Help?  Am I just doing something wrong?

Anyway, I'll get pictures in a bit.
not completely following you Man , I'm guessing you have bought a full 4-2-2 set-up . Has the muffler been rotated out of position on the last section of pipe ?

Here are a couple of pics. They are scorpion slip-ons (bolt-ons as the case may be).

If there is no way to spin the attaching flange on the can it looks like your left side can was made wrong. My 2001 stock pipes allows no adjustment on the pipe itself, I assume yours is the same. :sad:

If there is no way to spin the attaching flange on the can it looks like your left side can was made wrong. My 2001 stock pipes allows no adjustment on the pipe itself, I assume yours is the same. :sad:
That would be correct. Damnit, looks like I'm left waiting for pipecity to email me back tomorrow and let me know how they want to handle it. :sad:

The sound is so sweet. I want to take it down the road badly. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Dude, it would be interesting to know if they are two right side cans with the decal or emblem on the wrong side. Sorry man, I understand how you feel :sad:

I would have guessed that you could have loosened the mid pipe and adjusted it to hang close to perfect...But you've already tried that...I can't think of anything else...A friend had ordered a single slipon and had a similar problem...They told him he would have to get it tapped...Anyway he flipped the damn thing and it fit perfectly...

Dude, it would be interesting to know if they are two right side cans with the decal or emblem on the wrong side.  Sorry man, I understand how you feel  :sad:
This is EXACTLY what I've wondered myself and even vocalized to my wife as we sat all slackjawed and stupid in the driveway earlier this evening.

Stunnah, does that mean the end cap was put on uside down, and did his exhaust tip point to the sky? Or do you mean that he swaped cans?

Hey Hman, off the subject for a second, does your wife ride the SV650? My wife's been riding the piss out of a EX 250 for the past year, we've been looking at the SV 650 for her. Just wondering.....

Hey Hman, off the subject for a second, does your wife ride the SV650?  My wife's been riding the piss out of a EX 250 for the past year, we've been looking at the SV 650 for her. Just wondering.....
She sure doesn't. she has shown interest but backed out every time. I'm not going to force the matter. She'll either come around or she won't. She rather enjoys riding pillion.

is it possable the mid pipe is flipped over right left left right or isnt it possable? iuve never played with scorpions but its a thought?

They reviewed the pictures I took yesterday of closeup detail of the mounting flange. He said that its obvious that they have a TL1000 mount flange on the pipe rather than a Busa mounting flange.

Hman,

After checking out your thread I took a look at scorpion's website. I think I'll get some. I got a 03' grey/silver also. How come you went with the stainless steel? How's it look??? I'm thinkin the titanium....your thoughts?:super:? How's the sound?? Deep raspy anyoing?:super:? Listend to there web site sound and didn't reach any conclusion.....Where and how much did ya pay?  If you would like, send me an e-mail to hdraper@stny.rr.com and let me know

Oh and send/post some more pics, specially when you get the titanium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
marcus

Why did I go with Stainless? Honestly, because I don't start my new job until Monday and even then I won't be rich. Simply put? I'm a broke ass. LoL

Sound? Screw those clips they put on their site. Doesn't sound anything like it does in person.

It is honestly probably one of the best sounding exhausts I've ever heard on a bike. VERY deep. Especially at idle. NO tinnyness (word?) at all. I havn't gotten to hear it under load but since exaust is always deeper under load and acceleration I can't wait to hear it when I get to do a run up thru third.

I ordered thru www.pipecity.com Best price I could find. Got them for $520.00 shipped.

I had to go with the titanium flame pipes unfortunatly. Yes, I think they look cool but almost too ricey for me in appearance.

Forced poser if you will. :)

Back