Dumb ass right here!

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
Alright, y'all... thought you would all get a kick out my stupidity... try not to hold it against me and I expect all the wise ass comments afterward as well...so pop the popcorn

Went to visit my bro yesterday at the grocery store where he works. All his freinds came out to check out the bike and yea they loved it... :D

We went off to one of his freinds houses in his car... With a little bit of pure preassure from my bro, I was smoking some weed with him and his buddies. When we get back to Albertson's his freinds are wanting to see me take off on the Busa. (It was a parking lot, no where to go naturally) I had a little bit of room to hit it a little to give them a taste of the exhaust and such.

so....

I take the bike to the edge of the parking lot, turn it around, and start to speed up. As I gradually take a turn and hit the throttle a little, (it was dark out) I didn't see the nice lite patch of gravel in the turn. (I was probably traveling around 20MPH) Since I hit the throttle a bit in the turn the back wheel violently spun out from under me... I had the bike going sideways. Luckily, I kept my cool (maybe because I was high, otherwise I probably would have paniced, not advertising, I probably would have noticed the gravel if I wasn't DUI, so don't get any ideas) I simply rolled off the throttle and DIDN'T hit the brakes. The bike flipped back forward almost as fast as it went sideways. As soon as I gained control of the bike, I parked it...

I haven't rode it since and I think I am going to give it a few days rest to regain my composure. I didn't panic when it happened, but I sure did think about it a lot today. I had my full gear on and I don't think I would have done myself a lot of damage being as slow as I was going, but on the otherhand, I think the bike would have suffered greatly for sure...

Not that I should be giving anyone lessons here given my own stupidy of being DUI and driving, but the lesson I pulled out of that one was... In a bad situation, try not to panic and see the situation through as best you can... Although everything happened faster then I ever imagined, I still had plenty of time to react and if that failed, I had time to drop it as best I could to avoid injury.

Cloud9

No The Lesson Bro, Is do Not Ride High.  Especially at 5K feet...Man when you get high in Colorado you get REAL high.  

Just remember that Driving while baked is a WHOLE lot different than riding, two wheels only and all of that.  

Simple as that, "You had plenty of time to react"?  Bullsh*t, you didn't react at all, you got taken for a ride and are just lucky that the Busa and bikes in general will try to right themselves.

Don't burn and ride Bro, ever...It is the only answer, otherwise I can guarantee you will end up a sad statistic man...  Trust me, been there, done that...  Separate the two activities Bro...

Skate while High, Mountain Bike Maybe, SnowBoard, but do not ride man...

I know I know peer preasure and What the F*#@ do I know right? Good Luck though...

Glad you and the Busa stayed upright.  Be careful Stupid hurts and I have the scars to prove it.  
Welcome to the board if I haven't already said it.

you are absolutely right... that will always be one of those times that I think to myself... WHAT THE F$%^K WAS I THINKING.

It did happen fast and given my state of mind, it felt like I had time to react... It is a good thing that I wasn't going any faster for my sake and maybe the people around me as well...

If I wrecked... I would have deserved it no matter the outcome. I feel pretty irresponsible about it today as you can imagine.

Was real hesitent to share on the forum because of the back lash, but figured, maybe it would wise someone else up.

Cloud9 (No relation to the drug, just the bike :D )

Cloud9

If only someone could have had a video camera and taped your stunt and later dubed in the chorus to that song "because I got high, because I got high, because I got high, fa la la la la la" lol. Just jokin'. Glad to here first you weren't hurt, and 2'nd the 'Busa is ok to. Also, what Revlis said about separating the weed from the SPEED.

Pit Bull

I am too old for this crap, that is for sure... I am in my late 20s and my bro just turned 20. It was one of those times that I thought I would hang with the "kids."

Guess I couldn't hand afterall and truth be known, that will be the last time I hang with them in that manner...

Forgot to put in my original post... in regards to the video taping... I wish I could of had video tape of it. My bro and his freinds didn't think I was going to recover that is how close I was to a wreck... When I parked it, they said I had to be the luckiest guy that night or the best driver they ever seen...

I know I wasn't the best driver that night, so I guess I was extremely lucky...wish I could see it today from an objective perspective, but wouldn't want to duplicate the even for sure.

It was good enough to damn near kill me... :drool:

there was no burn out, it was a roll on. I was trying to be careful. It was a parking lot and I didn't have a lot of room plus I realized that I was still impaired when I got back to the bike.

It's always great to be a spectator on those events! :tounge:

Have you ever seen a perscription bottle of narcotics? On the side there usually is a sticker that says, 'DO NOT OPERATE HEAVY EQUIPMENT OR DRIVE WHILE TAKING DRUGS!'

Find one those and plop it on your tank as a reminder! :cool:

You have it coming...

Lets cloud our judgement and get on a $12k machine with 180 Hp and show off!

Welcome to the board and try not to be STUPID so you can hang around us for a long time. :beerchug:

Correction Mr. D... I HAD it coming... no repeat show here, unless I am doing something totally different and being stupid...

You know how that male testosterone seems to CLOUD the judgement sometimes...

Sounds like you got off lucky. Glad you & the Busa are ok. Be careful out there..

Correction Mr. D... I HAD it coming... no repeat show here, unless I am doing something totally different and being stupid...

You know how that male testosterone seems to CLOUD the judgement sometimes...
I sit corrected!
and
Agreed!

Sounds like you learned your lesson.  Not like I ever did anything dumb. :tounge:

And how did you know they call me Mr. D? :D

I am too old for this crap, that is for sure... I am in my late 20s and my bro just turned 20. It was one of those times that I thought I would hang with the "kids."

Guess I couldn't hand afterall and truth be known, that will be the last time I hang with them in that manner...

Forgot to put in my original post... in regards to the video taping... I wish I could of had video tape of it. My bro and his freinds didn't think I was going to recover that is how close I was to a wreck... When I parked it, they said I had to be the luckiest guy that night or the best driver they ever seen...

I know I wasn't the best driver that night, so I guess I was extremely lucky...wish I could see it today from an objective perspective, but wouldn't want to duplicate the even for sure.
Being to old for a thing is a double edged sword. You want to be too old for the silly sh*t but young enough to have fun. Sometimes you just have to re-align your idea of fun.

:rant: It's important that we as men Grow up, but the key is to not grow old. You see them everywhere, young 30 something men all screwed down by there wives, and Kids, and work, and bills, and career prospects, and the mortgage, and on and on.... They look miserable, sitting in their cars in traffic, so angry that someone wants to get in front of them, so unable to control their own lives and destiny's that the road is where they attempt to exercise some control. The succsessful college grad who is slowly realizing that money really isn't everything, that social status is a lie, and the trappings of status will in the end pin you to the ground. Stranded, stuck in his position by the trophy wife who he doesn't like anymore, and the 2.5 kids he avoids by working late at a job he hates. Poor bastards cannot quit, are not in control of their lives, and are certainly not having any fun...

:rant:

The key (I THINK) is to learn how to bust out your inner child and have fun while at the same time managing the realities of adult life and the responsibilites you have yourself and those around you. Example? Burn a Bowl and eat a twinky Might be fun, let your inner child get loose for awhile... Burn a bowl ride a Sportbike, inner child is all for it, :thumbsup: but it's at these times that you have to tell him no. There needs to be a defining line between Good fun, exciting fun, dangerous fun, and deadly fun. The first three are all good but you have to shut down your inner child and look around a little when they start suggesting the "deadly fun"....

Blah Blah I am rambling....

REV

Point made Rev and nicely put... I know I fit into some of those awful categories that you mentioned... My bike is my only escape, lord knows what I would do without it...

Mr. D, didn't know they called you that. It just came out while I was writing. ;)

Nah, I do not think there is hardly anyone on this board or on a Busa that really fits into my above tirade. My rant certainly wasn't directed towards you man. I mean we all fit into it a little bit here and there I suppose, we do things we don't like because we have too, but the fact that we ride and we know we have it good counts for a lot. Besides, as you may or may not know the Hayabusa is an age reduction device, maybe not physically but certainly mentally, we all act like little kids sometimes when we are out playing, and thats a good thing...

Just have fun, enjoy the ride, we all just need to make sure that we have a clear head when we are out there to make certain we don't get into the "Deadly Fun" zone...

Back