Hayabusa Master

Can I park my bike in a garage over the winter with a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water and be good to -10 degrees?
    I'm moving to Idaho Falls, and they really do get winter as opposed to Texas. I run straight anti-freeze in my cars, and a mech tested it and said it was good to -50.

We're moving in November, so the bike will probably sit for several months. If I can skip going to straight anti-freeze, I would really like to do that.
    The mystical trend of our time, which shows itself particularly in the rampant growth of the so-called Theosophy and Spiritualism, is for me no more than a symptom of weakness and confusion. Since our inner experiences consist of reproductions and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body seems to me to be empty and devoid of meaning. - Albert Einstein, 5 February 1921

Seasoned Pilot

Won't be a problem.
    Hastings
    Lunatic Rat / Co-Founder
    ~
    2003 CBR600RR - Trackrat
    1991 GSXR750 - Streetrat
    1985 GS450L - Caferat
    None of them are rideable. Welcome to my world.

Even a caveman can do it.

50/50 is good up to -36 if i remember correctly. If i were you, i would not run 100% antifreeze. Run atleast a 90/10 mix.
    Much of where my time is spent...

Hayabusa Master

Thanks guys. That is one less thing to worry with for the move.
    The mystical trend of our time, which shows itself particularly in the rampant growth of the so-called Theosophy and Spiritualism, is for me no more than a symptom of weakness and confusion. Since our inner experiences consist of reproductions and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body seems to me to be empty and devoid of meaning. - Albert Einstein, 5 February 1921

Dear spring....... HURRY!

i just switched mine out and tested it and it reads protected down to -25degrees

More isn't better with antifreeze.
    Straight antifreeze has the potential to freeze at +10F and at best protect to about -8.
    50/50 protects to -36. Straight antifreeze also screws up your boiling point as it doesn't transfer heat as well without water.

The viscosity may indicate -50 but without being mixed with water it's a false reading.
    George

CX500 TURBO
    CX650 TURBO
    04 Blue/Silver Hayabusa

MotoGP Wannabe

<div>
    (FAVahalik @ Sep. 29 2006,07:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Can I park my bike in a garage over the winter with a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water and be good to -10 degrees?
    I'm moving to Idaho Falls, and they really do get winter as opposed to Texas. *I run straight anti-freeze in my cars, and a mech tested it and said it was good to -50.

We're moving in November, so the bike will probably sit for several months. *If I can skip going to straight anti-freeze, I would really like to do that.</div>
    I doubt it will get to -50 IN your garage