Center stand pros & cons

EAKbusa

Registered
I have an oportunity to pick up a Suzuki center stand for my Busa from my local shop for cheap (someone ordered it and never picked it up). I have only owned one bike that had one and it is handy for maint. and whatnot but I am undecided if I should get it for my Busa.

What do you think? Is it worth it, is it of high quality, does it stay put when you ride (does it bounce and rattle every time you go over a bump)? I realize that you have to remove the "wing" to mount it and that it bolts right on. Any problems using it? Is it hard to get the bike up on it?

Anyhow let me know what you guys think before I waste my money.

Eric

EAKbusa, I just put one on my busa and am very satisfied. It is high quality and does not rattle around. You do lose the back under fairing and supposedly some lean angle. It is a 500+lb bike so it takes some technique to get it up, but it isn't too difficult.
I suggest (unless you are very mechanically inclined) that since you saved some cash on the purchase, you might let the shop install it. The fairings, exhaust, and radiator need to be removed. It took me 3 hours to do it. I am not as mechanically inclined as I once thought.
Good Luck :alcoholic:

EAKbusa, I just put one on my busa and am very satisfied. It is high quality and does not rattle around. You do lose the back under fairing and supposedly some lean angle. It is a 500+lb bike so it takes some technique to get it up, but it isn't too difficult.
I suggest (unless you are very mechanically inclined) that since you saved some cash on the purchase, you might let the shop install it. The fairings, exhaust, and radiator need to be removed. It took me 3 hours to do it. I am not as mechanically inclined as I once thought.
Good Luck :alcoholic:
what kind of exhaust do you have on the bike? I thought about order a center stand myself and am wondering if it would work with my 4 into 1 yosh system?

Back