gxsr1000 and busa

majik

Registered
Both are bad mofos but what are the major differences? 300cc ok, both almost same engine design. 1000 is more street/curve in sitting position. busa high mph blow you away in a line. both are really set up to run. so what really sets them apart?

well if you are racing a 1000 and you have a busa with a passenger..... better cross your fingers...:(

The tourque advantage on the Busa and the Weight advantage of the 1000 are teh 2 main factors or advantages
Go with the bike that has more of what you want and more of what will be offered to you based on your riding style.
I love my busa it has a lot of power and the right amount of weight, I dont get blown off the road when I pass trucks or hit
sudden head winds.
The 1000 is more for back roads...really light feel....& easier to stunt on...in comp to teh Busa
dh .... :laugh: :laugh:

the 1000 is a bit taller in the seat, and the gauges don't look as nice as the Busa...based on looks alone, sleekness of the Busa aside, the 1000's instrument panel doesn't hide wires well; just doesn't look nice next to a Busa...

Nice paint on the 1000 though...you can spot them a mile away! Didn't the 1000 get sport bike of the year? It's got a following...

my .02

1K: Good for stunts, twisties, has a flickable small and light feel, and has a good amount of power.

1300 Busa: King of speed, great for all around riding: speed, power, twisties, cruising, long trips, comfortable.
In my opinion, "The Ultimate Bike".

my .02

1K: Good for stunts, twisties, has a flickable small and light feel, and has a good amount of power.

1300 Busa: King of speed, great for all around riding: speed, power, twisties, cruising, long trips, comfortable.
In my opinion, "The Ultimate Bike".
I'm with quazy....great breakdown of both........except the 03 1K has more than a good amount of power........they're rapidly catching the big dog.

I'd never trade my Busa for a 1k though.....not for any price.
:beerchug:

Has anyone here actually riden a busa and a 2003 1000?

I am seriously considering getting a K3 1000 for use as a track bike> but I won't sell my busa, as a road bike I don't think there is anything that comes close in all of the following: power, comfort, size, handling, looks and finish, user friendliness.

But I have done a few track days on it and like anything it is built for a purpose and has limitations> use on the track will expose those limitations. So if you are looking for a bike to use mainly on the road, go the busa.

Oh, for the record, I've not yet ridden a K3 1000. :sad:

I traded in my '03 1k that I bought in April for the Busa about two weeks ago. Decided I wanted to do more touring than sport with the 2nd bike. I already have a modded TLR for twisty riding, so the 1k just didn't make much sense.

It has a much more hardcore seating position. The gauge cluster isn't done as nicely.

As for performance, which is what we ALL care about, the 1k is a bad mofo. 150 hp no waiting. Let's just say when I had it that I pulled up next to a Busa and he never got more than a couple of bike lengths on me when we got the go.

The Busa though, for me, isn't necessarily about the fact that it's bigger or badder or faster. It's a bit more comfortable and easier to deck out for touring, which is what I plan to do with it.

I only had the Gixxer for 4 months, and honestly, I don't miss it one bit. It SURE was fun though ! :devil:

Before...............

After.................

Has anyone here actually riden a busa and a 2003 1000?

I am seriously considering getting a K3 1000 for use as a track bike> but I won't sell my busa, as a road bike I don't think there is anything that comes close in all of the following: power, comfort, size, handling, looks and finish, user friendliness.

But I have done a few track days on it and like anything it is built for a purpose and has limitations> use on the track will expose those limitations. So if you are looking for a bike to use mainly on the road, go the busa.

Oh, for the record, I've not yet ridden a K3 1000.  :sad:
I rode a friend's 03 1K on sunday and it has an amazing amount of power. It wants to wheelie in any gear, but to me it's so uncomfortable, I wouldn't want to ride as far as I did my Busa sunday. The biggest difference to me was the torque. The Busa just keeps on pullin'!!! But for a track bike, I don't think anything compares to the 1000. But Road Racing ain't for me. I like to watch it, but I would rather bust out a good drag race, where contrary to popular beleif, the 1000 will not beat a BUSA!!!! Even my friend says that it's work to keep the 1000 from looping coming off the line...

one thing that most of us forget is that the busa looks good, it looks unlike anything elese out there. I love that fact about the busa. They catch looks everywhere they go. The 1000 looks good and goes good but it is hard to tell the gixxers apart, until the 03 anyway, but the busa has style and was built with a purpose in mind.

Back