Hello from a new owner in pensacola fl.

use2b

Registered
hello all from a new busa owner as of 6 hours ago.
it is to dark for me to set and stare at my new beauty so ill say thanks for all the information i have soaked up at this site.
my busa is a 2000 model , blue and silver. i have ridden it a year ago for a fast test ride since the owner is my friend.
i waited on the day that he would sell it to me. why did he sell? well he is on his way to pick up a turbo busa that was offered on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....ry=6027
he is paying $16k for this baby.

my first impression from a 75 mile ride is that it is a rocket , but my 2001 Bandit 1200S is much more comfortable to ride , but no where neo the fun. so i am happy even though my 50 year old battered body will have to get use to the new riding position and heli bars are on order.
all in all i am well pleased and hope to share any information i can with you guys.
the one thing i would like to do first is the same thing i did with my Bandit. that is to install AIR HORNS on it.
that little beep beep thing just does not get the respect that a truck horn gets. I have had people almost run off the road when i give a blast to a driver coming over on me or who might pull out in front of me.
that is the best tip i can give you guys. air horns make people stop what they are doing at once. even if they see the bike they are thinking --TRUCK !!! i hide the trumpets and compressor completely on my Bandit , so this one will not be so easy but will find a way. i will share it when i get them mounted. take care all use2b out!
PS this is my bike , but i do not do this!

blake_busa.jpg

Bike looks great!!  I am in Destin, 1 hr. east of you.  I will have a lot of time this fall to ride, so if you are cruising east on hwy. 98 lets roll.  Have some good roads northeast of Destin and a few friends with all types of bikes. Would love to see your friends turbo...I am thinking of adding a turbo myself one day.

blas32 i will be at Atmore drag strip sunday -- just to watch. my son has a 929 and is a stunter. ' scares the hell out of me " but i would need help kicking his a$$ these days LOL .
a large group from pensacola will be there. so cruise on over if you have time.

Welcome to the board and great choice of year and color. I have the same one. :beerchug:

Welcome, there are a couple of folks here on the board that have mounted FIAM dual air horns, I cannot remember who but it is probably worth a new thread. Though Check in Modifications first.

Again Welcome...

blas32  i will be at Atmore drag strip sunday   -- just to watch.   my son has a 929 and is a stunter. ' scares the hell out of me "  but i would need help kicking his a$$ these days  LOL .
a large group from pensacola will be there.   so cruise on over if you have time.
I have some friends that are going also. Would love to go but I own a beach service and this is a big weekend (Labor Day) for me. Have to work now so I can play later (off Nov/Feb). Have fun!

Congrats use2b!!!
I was just in Pensacola last weekend....came back last night..I passed a silver and grey 02' on hwy 98 Sunday around Navarre beach....so you have some company!!
We're thinking about moving there soon....but at the very least my wife and I are taking the busa down with us next year.....I'll let you know when were coming and we'll hook up to go ridin'...

Later.............

Hey use2b, I am waiting on orders to get down to Pensacola here pretty soon. Should be leaving for there in about a month. Can't remember if there are any good roads down there for anything aside from straight runs? Any info would be appreciated.

I am glad you got it dad.....i hope to have one soon as well....a busa to cruise on and my 929 and XR50 to stunt on...i will be a happy man :bounce:

signature1.JPG

thanks for the great welcome guys. that is my son on the 929.
I guess i do not have to tell you guys why they want $12,000 a year to insure a busa for him! no that was not a typo. $12K a year!!!!!!

thanks to him i sold my big 6 cyl. Goldwing and got into the fun bikes. besides i was embarrassing him going with his large sport bike group with my 2 wheeled RV.
i guess that pays him back for the purple and pokey dot MC Hammer outfit he once wore to church with me. LOL :super:

Back