A little bit of 954RR Fun!

quazy

Registered
My buddy just bought a 2002 Honda 954RR about 2wks ago and I have a 2000 Hayabusa and we went out and about riding today. Anyway, we never intended on racing the 2 but I'm sure that you know how that goes... :)

We came upon a very long straightaway which looked like it was forever long and was way out in the country with not a person in sight. We were riding along side by side about 55mph and this straightaway was too pretty to pass up. hehe

I nodded my head to him and we both downshifted a gear or 2 to get the RPM's up to where the bikes like them best... For a good 1 1/2 seconds we were neck and neck and I believe he really thought he had a chance. But of course after that 1 1/2 sec. of good racing, my Busa pulled on him hard and fast (probably after about 65-70mph or so). I got about 8 bike lengths on him (still pulling hard 115-125mph) and lifted.

I was litterly laughing out loud in my helmet at the look of his face inside his helmet when I started to pull on him like that. He must have been in disbelief because he caught back up and told me to pull over... We pulled over and he was all red in the face from losing that bad and said, "Lets try that again from a stand still, thats messed up."

I hate roll ons and think they are for crybaby Viper owners (hehe!!!), so I had no problem doing a stand still run with his little 954RR...

We lined up and I gave him a quick jump on me, then I took off hard with a small wheelie after him. He was hammered down and willing to blow his Honda up just to beat me it seemed like... heh He stayed ahead of me a bike length until I hit 8-11RPM and started pulling on him fast. I shifted into second and WAM I was passed him redlining through the gears and never looked back or slowed down until 160-170ish.

When I looked back he was still hammered down and trying to catch me and a good 40 bikes behind me it seemed like... He has owned R1's, GSXR750/1000's, and quite a few bikes in his day, but he said he has never experienced nothing like that. I am sure he will talk about the King Of Speed and amazing HAYABUSA for days to come...

BTW: He prob weighs 185+- and I weigh right at 205. His bike has a mircon pipe and mine is completely bone stock from the factory.

People dont understand, for example they read all of these articles and see that the Hayabusa beat the ZX12 by like .2 or .4 secs... And they think that is a very close race that could have went either way. But the fact is, is that .2 secs for instance is about 7-8 bike Lengths ahead!!! and .4 secs is way ahead in distance!! When you are traveling that fast time flys by at the end of the quarter.

But I had a great day of riding and showing off the amazing power of the Busa to a fellow rider and thought I would share it with you all.... :drink: :drink: :beerchug:

Can't get this song out of my head.......
"Are you ready hey are you ready for this?
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat yeah

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone and another one gone
Hey I'm gonna get you too
Another one bites the dust..........

I hope your friend learned a valuable lesson...Most riders by hondas to ride the curve and look cute not to challenge a "Busa"...Actually I don't think honda makes anything that can run with any Suzuki...Anyway great story... :D

Me and some guys went riding yesterday and did a little racin' as well. THere is one guy in my group who is a very good rider and experienced dragger. He just recently purchased a GSXR 1000 and wanted to see how it stood up to the Busa. I weigh about 270, and he wanted it about even on the weight so I let another guy in our group ride mine (He good with a bike also). Now the guy that was going to ride mine has never rode a busa and all day I kept telling him about the torque coming off the line and I don't think he beleived me. Well anyway, so we go out in the country to this road we got to that has a long straight about 2 miles or so and let em' run. The distance they were to race was more than a 1/4 but less than a 1/2 mile. When they came buy us my busa was about 6 lengths in front. When they came around the guy on my bike couldn't beleive the way my bike just kept pulling!! He was amazed!! I rode a friend of mine's 954RR yesterday and that thing felt like a bicycle!! Glad I made my choice with my Busa. :eek:

So ?!?!? ... everybody knows that ! (j/k) ... we all know how it is, but we always love to be reminded that... :tounge:

I had an 2002 R1 & Loved that machine, but I ran
a 2002 GSXR750 that had a full Yosh, power comander
& he stayed with me dead even all the way
to redline in 4th gear. I said then what the hell am I doing on a 1000 when 750s will keep up in a strait line.
Hell what makes me wonder and impresses me, is the modern 600s will run with early 90s 1000s & 1100s.

RESPECT the busa, FEAR no other!

well i wasnt racing yesterday but rode up to big bear then down to newport beach.. i got 1 look with a nod, 1 cool busa, and 1 awesome bike comments through out the day

to me mine is pretty much still in factory mode so i dont think much of it but others must.. my hmf exhaust was shipped on the 19th.. what the hell is taking ups ground so long.. arrrgghhh.. im a truck driver and i can go from ohio to cali in 3 days by myself why cant their teams do it in 2?? im going nuts waiting for it.. hoping for tomorrow... then i can see people making comments once its out of factory mode and into modified mode..

Try hanging with a RR in the twisties.
Didn't buy the Busa for the twisties.........
Had the twisties been a purchasing factor I'd probably be on another Zuke the GSXR1000! But, I get where your going with this........ (The Honda is a great machine, Just not the 1/4 mile King!) Oh and welcome to the site!

This 954RR guy is a great rider and he pretty much lives to ride, do stunts, wheelies etc.. . I am not a great rider at all and I was eating him up all day in the twisties with my Busa. The busa is really not all that  bad in the curves.

The smaller bikes obviously are easier to handle in the twisties and can be flipped around from the lack of weight. But people really underrate the Busa in the twisties. =( Like I said, I am no great rider, but I can easily ace twisties with ease on my Hayabusa and alot of times out twisty the smaller bikes....  '

Maybe it is just me, but it seems like everyone on the Net says Hayabusa is terrible on the curvy roads...... I just dont see it. I think Hayabusa is the the perfect all around riding condition bike for twisties, speed, quickness, and long rides.  I dont think the hayabusa was designed specifically for 1 condition. It was designed for every condition.  I guess it should have been called, "The Ultimate Motorcycle".    :cool:

This 954RR guy is a great rider and he pretty much lives to ride, do stunts, wheelies etc.. . I am not a great rider at all and I was eating him up all day in the twisties with my Busa. The busa is really not all that  bad in the curves.

The smaller bikes obviously are easier to handle in the twisties and can be flipped around from the lack of weight. But people really underrate the Busa in the twisties. =( Like I said, I am no great rider, but I can easily ace twisties with ease on my Hayabusa and alot of times out twisty the smaller bikes....  '

Maybe it is just me, but it seems like everyone on the Net says Hayabusa is terrible on the curvy roads...... I just dont see it. I think Hayabusa is the the perfect all around riding condition bike for twisties, speed, quickness, and long rides.  I dont think the hayabusa was designed specifically for 1 condition. It was designed for every condition.  I guess it should have been called, "The Ultimate Motorcycle".    :cool:
I agree. I may have to work a bit more in the twisties than the smaller bikes, but I can definately hang right there with them if not pull. Besides, I don't need a long stretch of straight way to be where I belong if I choose to do so :beerchug:

Try hanging with a RR in the twisties.
Everyone knows that the RR is a curve carving machine, but that is where it should stay. If someone on a RR wants to try and run with a Busa in the quarter or top end, they got problems. I know in tennessee there are plenty of mountain roads with curves and if I lived there I would maybe lean a little more toward a lighter. But I don't and personally I think the busa turns fine. I hung with the 900's in my group Sunday and smoked em' as it got straight. no one I know goes, " Hey let's see how fast we can go around this curve. " Everyone here is either a catch me if you can or a 1/4 mile man.!!!!

Back