DID the Unthinkable....

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
The Mother-In-Law wanted a ride...So I figured all righty then, What choices do I have?

Well I'll Let the Before and afters take care of the rest...

Before! Notice the pensive look on her face....

JanRide23Aug5_copySML.jpg

After, Yeah I think she is addicted!  

Can you see the big grin?

JanRide23Aug7SML_copy.jpg

Got a new PitBull Rear stand today as well as the spools,

Kinda Kreepy ain't it? Levering your baby off the floor like that?

Is there anything I should watch for when using the PitBulls or a rear stand in general?

Later Gang, And see you in the A.M. I am wore out....

Jeez Rev........must be kinda hard up hey.......parading yer mother in law round in front of yer friends :tounge:

Does the wife ever ride with ya.

The stand thing kinda freaked me out for a bit too.........I just support the bike with the grabrail, then pull it back.....love the stand now. :thumbsup:

Glad to see she enjoyed the ride...You've just started a change in an older generation...She'll want to go out and buy a 600 now... :D

ha ha - the pensive look on her face - that's cause she knows she's sitting on a ridiculously overpowered land missile !!!

Pain In Law? Heh, No way folks, my wife's folks are part of the reason I married my wife. When I say I got LUCKY, you all have no idea. See her Mom is just now in her middle forties, and her Dad early fifties, and they are cool as hell. We go out to the clubs (well A couple of them), we go out on their boat, her Dad and I go Golfing, we have a really good time. Freaky Huh?
Besides the wife and her Mother are nearly twins, just seperated by 18 years. So I at least have a definate insight on how my wife is going to age... Both Just tough little Irish Women, Cute as hell to Boot. Yep, I am one lucky SOB.

Fear, That's pretty funny. I bought this particular helmet for visibility, I figured black bike, black leather, I need some way to be seen...

STUNNAH, Funny you should mention that, she has been bugging my Father In Law to get a bike, but it looks like he is going to get a new Corvette instead. I dunno, sounds like a pretty good plan to me. But I would take the Vette, sell it and buy a Busa and a Trailblazer, with some bones left over...But thats me I guess.

Yeah Banditoo, I think you are onto something. But like I mentioned like Mother like daughter. Got out in the country a little bit, got her grab on real tight around the waist and then I pinned it up through third. Behind me I hear this little "WooHoo". :laugh: I was dying...
I even got a compliment on my riding skills, She thought we had maybe been riding down this country road at about 50 and got up to about 75. I was laughing when I explained that we were cruising at about 75 and peaked at about 140 twice. Her only comment was that it was just so smooth, didn't feel like it. But she liked the hard acceleration, she was smiling all evening.

Ah The Hayabusa, bringing families closer together....

I think you looked at his wording wrong he was saying PA in law, like dad in law, not pain in law. Thats cool though my mother in law just sends me e-mails of her neighbors cousins dad co-worker's friend (you get the message) who just laid a bike down or got hit. She would NEVER EVER ride with me even though I'm really safe (around them). She would not even ride with her daughter (my wife).

Looks like she had fun Rev!
Nice Busa too! Like you needed me to say that! :D

I think you looked at his wording wrong he was saying PA  in law, like dad in law, not pain in law.  Thats cool though my mother in law just sends me e-mails of her neighbors cousins dad co-worker's friend (you get the message) who just laid a bike down or got hit.  She would NEVER EVER ride with me even though I'm really safe (around them).  She would not even ride with her daughter (my wife).
Yeah, You are absolutely right... :cool: I really did think he was just being funny.

Is there anything I should watch for when using the PitBulls or a rear stand in general?
Just don't do it too fast....   you can take it off the side kickstand, and all the way over the balance point, to the right fairing meeting the ground.   :eek:
Yeah, I can see that... Right now I kinda lean her over a bit with my thigh as I position the stand properly then as soon as I have it on there squarely and balanced I move on back and lever her up.

Love the new Avatar Man....

Rev, the pit bull stand is awesome, the reason I got it was because it looked the sturdiest, I didnt want any flexing or bending of the stand when I am trying to get her up. The first time was a little scary cause I was worried about dropping it. I usually get the stand on the spools while the bike is on the sidestand and then lift the bike by the grabrail and the stand at the same time and then pop it up once its upright. You will get the hang of it. Just watch when you are letting it back, the handle on the stand will want to slam into the brakelight with your hand trapped in between.

I don't have in-laws (yet) but I did take my Mom for a ride when I got my busa. She rides on the bike of my dad's R1150RT all the time so she is pretty calm about riding, she didn't scream until I hit about 105 in second gear. :)

I Have a thought, maybe a way to help prevent a possible topple, coming off the rear stand. What if you tied a strong piece of nylon rope or tie down between the front wheel turned to the left and the sidestand in the down position. Make it so the side stand cannot fold up as it comes of the rear.

Any thoughts?

My Pit Bulls should be here today. I'm kinda nervous about raisin' 'er for the first time. I have the hump on and no grab bar to use for leverage. Maybe I should take the hump off and install the grab bar until I get used to doing the stand thing.

Who has both front and rear stands? I ordered a rear stand and the "Forklift" front stand. I'm guessing that I should get 'er up on the rear stand first, then do the front? It's the only way that makes sense to me. I don't see how you could balance the bike on the front stand only...

Back