Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Back from vegas

Used to be a SoCal Busa

Images

Thumbs up

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'></span>Don't have any pics for you yet, I'm at work. *Had to get back today *

The other boys are either with sin city riders on the poker run, or running around town with da rubbah.

We all were very lucky with the cops this year, its unreal. *Owen(Big O) and I rode the most miles and we saw 25 cops out there in 2 days!!!! * We almost got 5 tickets!!!

Ticket 1) *Coming up from laughlin, some high speed sweepers, I'm leading, coming around the corner about 120-130 and there's a cop. *He has someone pulled over, but he's in his car looking straight at me as I slow it back down to the limit. *He never pulled out!! *whew

Ticket 2) Owen, Mike(Nomad), and I are heading up to the valley of fire. *Luckly Mike was leading and has a radar detector. *He slows us down abrubtly and on the next corner are 2 cops ready to go. *But due to the radar detector we were doing the speed limit when the cops saw us. * *whew

Ticket 3) After Owen and I finished our S&R ops in the valley of fire, I'll explain below, we're going down a straight 5mile long road at about 125. * Its twlight, and I see 2 headlights a couple miles ahead, I slow down to 45. *Owen is about 2 miles behind and as the cop passes me his lights go on. *He pulls Owen over, but lets him go!!! * *whew

Ticket 4) The whole group is heading into Death Valley. *At some point we pass a cop, we all were movin', you know real quick * * We stop for a break and about 10-15mins later a cop pulls up and rolls down the window. *He said he noticed a couple of us doing 130, tells us to slow it down, and pulls off. *We look at each other and say, 130 is that all!!?? * * whew

Ticket 5) Owen and I are just getting back to Vegas and traffic is backed up for miles on the road. *Owen's bike isn't cooling right, it overheats really quick when sitting. *We sit in traffic as long as possible, but when the temp goes into the red, we start splitting on the shoulder. *By the time I see the cop, suv, he had seen me. *So I kept going slowly to see what he would do. *Well he pulls into the shoulder almost taking out Owen who was following me!!! *He's driving in the ditch next to the road, along side Owen, rolls down the window and says 'I know you're going to pull back into traffic" *I had already gotten back into traffic and Owen pulls alongside me and the cop pulls in right behind us. *Owen makes a finger pointing motion at me as if to say" We can't do that here" as the cop is looking at our Cali plates. *Then he gets on the PA and says "lane splitting maybe legal in Cali but not in Nevada" *We give him thumbs up, salutes, all the good stuff and continue on. * Luckily we had split all the way to the freeway by that point, so Owen's temp was good to go as we got on the freeway. * whew

OK, now for the S&R(search and rescue) ops in the valley of fire.

Owen, Mike and I are just finishing a break at the entrance to the valley of fire. *The road is twisty ahead with dangerous corners(cresting hills with blind sharp corners) and we take off for some fun. *Both guys dissappear in my mirror quick so after 5 mins I wait, see Owen and takeoff again. *After another 3 mins I stop for Owen again. *It takes a while, so I turn around and head back. *Here comes Owen and as I pass him he motions that he is turning around also. *Obviously he's been waiting for Mike and hasn't seen him(Mike is fast in the corners). *As we're heading back looking for Mike I stop the first car I see and the driver hasn't seen Mike. *Not good, he might have crashed. *So now Owen and I are looking to the sides of the road for debris, skid marks, crash indicators. *We get all the way back to where we started and saw nothing. *So I go for cell phone reception while Owen continues to look. *I call 911 and get that ball rolling. *Go back and find Owen. *He hasn't seen anything. *He keeps looking, I go back to reception and report that we haven't seen any evidence of a crash. *The police SGT of S&R ops that I'm talking to says he'll have the rangers to a couple drive thrus when they close the park, which'll be a couple of hours later, but since Owen and I can't find anything odds are that he turned around and went his own way. *The SGT asks me to call him later to see if Mike has shown up.
    I leave a message on Mike's phone to call me and head off to get Owen. *Owen and I form up and start heading back. *We almost get that ticket as explained above. *I leave another message for Mike at the Gas station as I wait for the pulled over Owen. *We head to dinner where the rest of the gang is. *We get there, still no Mike. *I leave another message. *After 1/2 hour at dinner I call the SGT back and we talk about filing a missing persons report tomorrow and call waiting beeps. *Its Mike on the other line! *S&R ops are cancelled. *Mike had turned off some side road for a photo op, then while backtracking looking for him Owen and I passed him, then he got back on the road. *He waited at the gas station but eventually thought we had left him behind so he went back to the hotel.

Never let it be said that we left a man behind * *

OK, I'm done for now... *Fingers are cramping as I'm sure all of your eyes are hurting *

Now the only other thing is;

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Everyone needs to ask Rich(BA Busa) what happened in Jubilee pass!!</span> *I'll let him tell that story * * *

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
    Reason for Edit: None given...|1145829841 -->
    Proud owner of the filthiest Busa on the board.
    If there's time to clean it, there's time to ride it!!
    Nicky Hayden MotoGP 2006 Champion!!

Used to be a SoCal Busa

Images

Almost forgot... *Met Rubbah, Shortboarder, Gunny, Nomad,and a newbie(to the org) at Vegas for the first time. *Can't remember the newbie's name, sorry I'm bad with names.

But it was really cool meeting those guys for the first time and riding with some old farts I've know for a while * *

Can't wait for next year's Vegas run *

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
    Reason for Edit: None given...|1145829878 -->

why ask why

sorry I missed you guys. If you were in Laughlin I live right across the river!

Could of givin you a guided tour the back way on old route 66. Always next year.

hogger...

enforcement of immigration laws in the United States is "un-American" - Nancy Pelosi D-CA

Did you say something?

Great story, hopefully you guys wanna do another Vegas trip this summer after I get my bike here in Cali after the Busa Bash.

Used to be a SoCal Busa

Images

Nomad posted some pics on sh.org;

Link doesn't work quite right, just goto general discussion and find Nomad's vegas thread.

Here's a couple samples, they're of me of course *

He has a camera mounted to his bike and snaps the shot while we're gett'in on it * *Ever try to corner at high speed and take a photo

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
    Reason for Edit: None given...|1145918608 -->

Used to be a SoCal Busa

Images

Oh, and yes my right tail light is out.

But guess what...

They're both out now

Father of 4=Madness

Cool pics !!
    Chris

DEATH DEALER

Sounds like you & the boys had a real good time........... just need to find out now what this whole "BA"...THING .... is about.........
    Dream as if you&#39;ll live forever&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; live as if you&#39;ll *Die*today&quot;

Too cool ... glad you all had a great time and no tickets!!

Life is all about the ride&#33; Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way&#33;&#33;
    DJ aka SageRonin * * * * * * * * "Resistance is Futile."

Used to be a SoCal Busa

Images

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (BUSA-MAN 24-7 @ April 23 2006,16:29)]Sounds like you & the boys had a real good time........... just need to find out now what this whole "BA"...THING .... is about.........
    nothing like a teaser to make it even more interesting

he he he

send Ba busa a bunch of PMs I'd laugh my butt off if he had a hundred pms waiting for him Mon night

Used to be a SoCal Busa

Images

Oh yeah, one other thing;

Gas in Death Valley area.... $3.89 for 87 if I remember correctly

The Shaver Immortal

nice...sounds like it was a great time.
    D.R.M. July 20, 1946 - April 11, 2008

Rest in Peace, Dad...I love you.

Christopher Lloyd protege

No worries, CharlesB I suck with names too. My RL handle is Jon. See attached image for a glimpse into the future taken in Shoshone just after being scolded by the cop for "only" doing 130mph.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Flux Capacitor, Brocks Street Meg Black Full System 20" Muffler, Dynojet Power Commander V, Air Box mod w/ Pair Valve mod and a Hayabusa Xenon HID Conversion Kit

Rookie

Nice riding with ya again Charles. Was that the pic before she hiked the prices 10 cents while we watched? Brandi and I will be heading out your way in July.
    Crash at 15 or crash at 180....it&#39;s all gonna hurt real bad like. Trust me...I know. The 15 part that is...

Rookie

I'll get a couple of pics up later. Can't type yet....gotta get some things squared away at the house.
    Crash at 15 or crash at 180....it&#39;s all gonna hurt real bad like. Trust me...I know. The 15 part that is...

Christopher Lloyd protege

That was from when we first got there. 10 Mins later she hiked the price.
    Flux Capacitor, Brocks Street Meg Black Full System 20" Muffler, Dynojet Power Commander V, Air Box mod w/ Pair Valve mod and a Hayabusa Xenon HID Conversion Kit

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer; it's up to you...

Images

I talked to Gunny on the phone and he said you guys had a great time! Can't wait to hear more and see more pics!
    '01 Blu/Sil Busa "Bessie"
    GSXcite - Crew Chief, Omslaw - Test Pilot/electrical advisor, GSXtacy - mechanic, Semi - mechanic, Zuk Racer - mechanic, Nitrous Junkie - Ergos, Captain - mechanic.

05 SV1000S "Brandy-Lynn"
    Go big or go home... Barber, T2, 21 Oct 12:
    "All I remember is headshake, wobble, grass, kitty litter, concussion!"
    Petitioning for spot as Team Gixxer "Rodeo Clown".

Used to be a SoCal Busa

Images

Quote[/b] (dl6996 @ April 23 2006,17:47)]Nice riding with ya again Charles. *Was that the pic before she hiked the prices 10 cents while we watched? *Brandi and I will be heading out your way in July.
    It was great seeing you guys again!!

Both of you have to make Laguna, it is MotoGP you know

We're thinking of setting up a SoCal ride to, I'll keep you informed. Speeds will be much lower here, doubtful you'll break a 100 unless you try to. The canyons give you all the fun you want

Images

MORE PICS! Thanx Chuck! Nice review, we gotta get some sorta rule where to meet up if separated, that missing busa deal woulda drove me nuts.
    "Do a little more than you're paid to. Give a little more than you have to. Try a little harder than you want to. Aim a little higher than you think possible, and most of all...
    give thanks to God for health, family, and friends."

Used to be a SoCal Busa

Images

Quote[/b] (Kento-Moto @ April 23 2006,23:52)]MORE PICS! * * *Thanx Chuck! Nice review, we gotta get some sorta rule where to meet up if separated, that missing busa deal woulda drove me nuts.
    Definately, we had never riden with Nomad before. A little talk before leaving probably would have saved us the S&R fiasco

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast