Rock piles

ozz

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I'm at a again, more pics for ya The weather is turning bad here in rainy norther cal so no ride'in again this weekend....man this is gett'in old
sad.gif
so I thought I would show ya around the rock piles plus there's sun in these pictures
biggrin.gif

These piles of rock are left over from the gold dredging days which lasted up until the 60's. My grandfather actually worked on the the dredgers which were these big machines that drug themselves along and scooped up the ground.

The piles of rocks and ponds are all that is left along with cable and dredger parts that were left behind. Some folks think that the land was left a mess but as time has marched on I think it is kinda neat.

My work owns about 14,000 acres of it and I spend my days roaming it. These piles are all over and around the town of Folsom, CA where I grew up. Lots of creatures to.

Hope ya enjoy!
smile.gif

rattlesnake_09__2_.jpg

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. I grew up in the Woodland, CA area and have been in the general area where you took those pics many times! Sigh....everythng looks so green there! Not too much color other than brown over the hill in Carson City as of yet and no riding either, wind is blowing about 30MPH today. Hey, nice rattler.....my son and I actually (ain't no cure for dumb) catch rattlers by hand out here in the desert, fun sport and almost as dangerous as ridin' the Busa!
smile.gif

Back