Wth happened to my kickstand

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
What the heck happened to my kickstand?

I started a ride out like normal stopped at a few places and when I put the kick stand down (after a few stops) it got a little tight. After a few more stops...it almost takes a herculean effort to put it down and raise it up. It's binding up big time. (The plunger is smooth as glass)

I got home and tried a little WD 40 and checked the spring...can't see anything wrong but it's stiff as hell.

Hmmm...it must know I'm planning the kickstand mod this Sunday and is rebelling.

I've actually noticed that mine's not too quick to go back up these days- I just think I need to lube it tho.

BUSAFETT

Is there a nut and bolt that holds the kickstand together or is it just a pin? If it's a nut just back it off a little.

Well heck...as said before I sprayed a little wd on it and no better...went to dinner and came back and it's like glass again 100% fine...guess maybe it took a little while for the WD to work...or maybe...the Busa just has powers of self healing
bowdown.gif

my kickstand is/does the samething... i will be fine for a while and then for no reason it will be really hard to put it down or raise it up. I sprayed wd-40 on it and it seemed to help. After 2 weeks or so it starts up again...

Proper Lubrication is always an extreme necessity when riding sumpt'in long, hard and fast...wait...did I say that out loud?...cause sumpt'in sure didn't sound right there.
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145119681 -->

i use the zep teflon spray it seems to last a little longer and it works well on anything wd40 works on.
vader1.gif

Back