Drag racing number plate

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
What is everyone using for your number plate at the drag strip, and where are you mounting it at? Season is getting ready to start here and I am used to dragging with my cruiser and always had plenty of easy places to mount, but what is best on the Busa?

Including pictures would be a great help.

Free
bump.gif

You might want to post this in the "Racing" section in the "Drag Racing" sub forum. The guys that frequent that area should be able to help you out, and your post won't make its way to the bottom as quick.
wink.gif

Be specific on whether your wanting permanent number plates or just temporary ones. That'll help.

FWIW: Here's a pic of how I put number plates on my GSXR-600 track bike. This was road racing though, and not drag racing, so the requirements might be different. I used blue painter's tape, and white paint. I made a stencil using MS Word by making the numbers as big as I could, then cuting them out with a razor blade. I then taped the sheet in place and used a sharppie marker to draw my outline to paint in. That way I could re-use the stencil, and only needed one of them.

Good Luck
cool.gif

BHF_090405_007_copy.jpg

Here's another shot... The bike has been painted sense this was taken, but I don't have the number plates on it yet.

BHF_090405_008_copy.jpg

I will have to get a pic later but I have NHRA ET Motorcycle number 398 and I got 3" decals made and placed them between the windscreen and turnsignals on the front. Raced at ET Finals like that and had no problem witht the tower seeing them.

Back