Need tag light

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
I moved my tag from the swingarm, and mounted it to the undertail so to alude further issues. Now I have a problem with trying to light up the plate.

I have a UFO undertail, and wired up 1 LED...and not bright enough. The stock bulb from the original undertail get to hot, dont want to drill a huge hole in the undertail and it glass...

I was trying to find a 4 to 7 inch Neon or led strip to mount at the top of the plate...has anyone tried this? Have any pictures, does it illuminate the plate good? Tried to find the neon strips at auto-stores, but all they had was red, blue, green...I need white...anyone have a source on where to get one or have an extra to sell/ trade?

get "windshield washer" laser bolts from auto zone.  They are small "rounded rectangular" laser LED's that shine downward.  Threaded so you can use them as the bolts to hold the tag as well.  Bright as a stock lic light bulb look ok too.

here is one example  
lazerboltz.jpg

or there is the more expensive nicer one from radiantz.com

radiantz.jpg

graphite.jpg

washer_blue_chrome.jpg

leds.jpg

Here's a link for ya.  Less than $6.00 for a pair.

CLICK HERE

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144977958 -->

ICEMANN - I was looking at those today, but I was wondering if the would be to "Spot-light" and only light up part of the plate....you think 2 of them mounted where the plate holes go will illuminate the plate much better than a single 3mm LED mounted in the tail pointed at the light? I tried that method, and it was grim...but if the washer lights work, I will pick up a set.

i'm unsure of the type of LED they use on the mototeck undertail but it is only one and its just pointed at the plate and has no problems lighting up the whole thing. If you wanted to stay cheap and do it yourself you could just wire up a superbrite LED that has a more focused beam of light and drill a small hole in the undertail, point it at the plate and then seal it in. You could get the parts and do it yourself for probably less than $7 -$10 i think...

get "windshield washer" laser bolts from auto zone.  They are small "rounded rectangular" laser LED's that shine downward.  Threaded so you can use them as the bolts to hold the tag as well.  Bright as a stock lic light bulb look ok too.

here is one example  
lazerboltz.jpg

or there is the more expensive nicer one from radiantz.com

radiantz.jpg

graphite.jpg

washer_blue_chrome.jpg

leds.jpg

Here's a link for ya.  Less than $6.00 for a pair.

CLICK HERE
I have one of the lights at the top of Ice's post - Send me your addy and I'll mail it out to ya. See if it'll work for ya.

Hey Val,

Have a look at this.....enter the sight and the light is on the first page

Link

<!--EDIT|whytlotus
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145018063 -->

yea but look at the fuggin price.

Take the free one that "he'll send to you" and kick him some $$ for shipping, or goto radio shack and get the parts make your own.

lazerboltz.jpg

Mount this one in the UNDERTAIL right in front of the plate facing downward. It will light up the plate enuff.

JD

Ive yet to see a cop with a light meter, and a 500 ft measuring tape to see if the light output is with in spec for a dayum ticket. I know I wouldnt fugg with it. Maybe to "check your license" status but thats it. Once it's found to be illuminated the traffic stop is technically over.

JD

Ice

I tried 4 of the winshield washer lights today from my local Pep Boys...and it did illuminate the plate when I mounted one light at each corner of the plate, but only partially. No where near readable from a few car lengths away at night. Im not trying to be anal on the situation, and some areas may see this solution as good enough, but just wont cut it here. I need something that will run the length of the plate and disperse light downward on the plate.

still looking for solutions, and getting sorta torqued that this little issue is taking up so much time finding a good legal solution.

i have the same problem! im looking for a led that will fit on the undertail and project the light to my G2 tag relocator

any ideas guys??

I have never gotten questioned by the fuzz because of my tag lite.

Who have you pissed off?
tounge.gif

me i dont even have a light for my tag yet .just installed a whole bunch of new parts and now im facing this problem.
unkleslapnutz nice bulbs but i dont want any wires on the swingarm so i dont think they would work
ill save the link just in case thx bro!

I moved my tag from the swingarm, and mounted it to the undertail so to alude further issues. Now I have a problem with trying to light up the plate.

I have a UFO undertail, and wired up 1 LED...and not bright enough. The stock bulb from the original undertail get to hot, dont want to drill a huge hole in the undertail and it glass...

I was trying to find a 4 to 7 inch Neon or led strip to mount at the top of the plate...has anyone tried this? Have any pictures, does it illuminate the plate good? Tried to find the neon strips at auto-stores, but all they had was red, blue, green...I need white...anyone have a source on where to get one or have an extra to sell/ trade?
Try this one link

Back