Turbocharged v-rod

djorgensen3

Donating Member
Registered
I just thought I would brag about our bikes a little more. I had a bike come up behind me a light today and when I turned around I noticed it was a very nice looking black v-rod. I only saw it from the left side. Well a couple of miles later as we pull away from a stop light I make it into 3rd gear and I can hear him still in third gear and ramping up the rpm. Then I hear him open it up and as he got about a half a bike in front of me I downshifted into second gear and hit it and just walked away from him. He actually didn't disappear as rapidly as I thought he should but didn't think much of it except that I just spanked his _ss!! Well at the next light he pulls up next to me and says "You spanked me and I have a turbo!". I didn't believe him so I had him go around me so I could see the other side of his machine and there it was a nice little hairdryer hanging of his bike. I did give him a thumbs up for having a nice looking bike but was jumping for joy with my "inside voice". I sure do love my bike. Thanks everyone , just wanted to brag a little. And by the way, there was little to no traffic and we were back to sane speed limits by the time we got to traffic so no cars were passed in this run. I don't condone the street racing thing but when you get challeged like that it's kind of hard to resist. Later.

<!--EDIT|djorgensen3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144964553 -->

Nice KIll!
super.gif

Yeah I'd love to throw a turbo on my bike but don't have the extra cash to buy one. I'll just have to "suffer" without one for a bit longer. I'm trying to get an SV650S with lower fairing for my girlfriend to start out on. Also I don't have any mods on my bike that would really give me any power so I felt pretty good to still beat a turbo bike even if it was a V-Rod.

The screaming beagle v-rod they sell will surprise you,BUT its not street legal I dont think.:)

Good job....similar thing happened to me, except it was a turbo'ed big Yamaha v-twin of some sort. He pulled up next to me and yelled "title for title" with a big grin on his face. For once, I was proud of my launch which was kind of a rolling power wheelie burnout in first gear. Next light he just flipped me off and turned left. Kind of hurt my feelings......NOT.

The screaming beagle v-rod they sell will surprise you,BUT its not street legal I dont think.:)
Your right NJ
idea.gif
, they're not street legal nor is Harley planning on making any street legal. Harley advertises it as the Fastest Production Bike Built (cough ! cough ! pardon me
tounge.gif
) and have their own class in racing. Kinda hard
wink.gif
to be beaten by some other make when your the only make allowed to race
laugh.gif
. Kinda like the old 883 Harley racing in AMA, and then Harley bragged about the winner
wow.gif

I do think the Black V-Rod is one nice looking bike. And I must confess, if I was in the cruiser market, it would be in the top two I looked at. A'last, I ain't no crusier guy though-- Sorry Harley  
sad.gif

cool.gif
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Guclu
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145029894 -->

Back