Frame sliders

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
I am going to (finally) get some sliders for my bike.

I like the looks of the Lockhart Phillips the best so far...but function is more important that form...

Which ones are the most popular here?

I had Lightning sliders on my Busa when I slipped on a vinyl arrow in the rain, it was about a 10mph low side. The slider saved my bike and the fairing, it just need a touch up which cost me $100 to fix.

Lightning uses a softer material then Delrin which cracks a little less easy and flexes some...the downside is it wears down quicker.

I dont think you can go wrong with any Delrin sliders as long as they are fastened with good bolt and are long enough but not too long.

Heck if you can contact Lighting and buy a right side slider I have a left on you can have.
smile.gif

Otherwise Parts411 has them for $49 a pair.

LP makes some good stuff...

I have a pair of sliders...delrin, I think. When I put them on, I got the sides mixed up...so I hacked off part of the base for one of them. I still have the two pieces that I hacked off, so if yer able to get some mojo goin, I think they'll work just fine.

Yours, if you like. Only thing required is an addy.
wink.gif

I was just checking Delrin's site...forgive the noob question but it says...

"Delrin Sliders '99-'06 GSXR1300 Hayabusa Colors(Both sides require modifications) "

Both sides of what require modification...my fairing???

yup. hafta drill a hole in your fairings.
wink.gif

Just take your time with a right-sized hole saw and you'll be ok.

i got vortex on mine, i like them. i like the LP also though, i think it just depends on what you think looks better.
lets just hope we never need them!
biggrin.gif

Back