Coolant reservoir

Tool

Registered
I just finished cleaning and lubing my chain. While wiping off any cleaner/grime on the bottom of the bike I noticed white sediment in the bottom of the reservoir. I shook the bike and it did not move. Ran the bike till operating tempature and no movement. My oil is level and normal color. Anyone know what this is?
rock.gif

It's normal and nothing to worry about. Every once and a while I would just clean it out.

as Jim said,the sediment is normal. You may want to top up yer cooling till you get an' inch or 2 in the bottle.

Faster to do it by way of the rad.

If explanation is nessecary,get back to me/us.

RSD.

Are you saying that I should get an inch or 2 above the full line on the reservoir? Thanks for ya'lls response!

I have a Theory on the White sediment on/in newer busa's. I say it's accumulated Assembly Lube.
rock.gif

Maybe
rock.gif
 it is used on water pumps, thermostats and other moving parts in the cooling system on Suzuki's assembly line and their not worried about it. Could be something specific in or added to the coolant that Suzuki tells the dealers to do or use upon bike prep.
rock.gif
What else could this gunk possibly be. Glad it doesn't hurt anything.

<!--EDIT|mymaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144634232 -->

rock.gif

I read somewhere that it was water pump lubricant. Cannot verify or dismiss this though as I have no clue.

Cool, I was wondering what that was. It almost reminded me of when oil mixes with coolant, but it would be floating on top if that were the case. Glad to know I'm not the only one that has seen this.

seriously tho, my mechanic told me that it's an additive that Suzuki has the dealers use when prepping brand-new bikes. Nothing to worry about.

Back