Its still a rider's race!

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I know someone posted this, but I can't find the actual thread to post in. Where did that darn search button go?

At one point it reads:
In the final round, Gadson trounced top qualifier Todd Schnitz’s Suzuki Hayabusa

and towards the very end, it reads:
Next up for Gadson and the all-new Kawasaki ZX-14 is the 2006 MTC Elmer Trett Nationals, April 2-3 at Atlanta Dragway.

Seeing that, I decided to check up on the results of that round and found this. For those lazy folk who don't want to click and read, here is the grit of it.

Though they both lost in the same round (2nd), they didn't race each other. Here are their times for that particular round:
TODD SCHNITZ
RT = ( 0.085) 8.644 @ 167.50mph

RICKEY GADSON
RT = ( 0.043) 9.036 @ 150.57mph

Hmmm. How interesting. Gadson had a better reaction time (RT) But still lost. But "Spigga", you might say, "you said they lost in the second round. Maybe Gadson's time was better than Schnitz's in the first round". Well now, let's take a look at the 1st round numbers shall we.

TODD SCHNITZ
RT = ( 0.236) 8.460 @ 170.84

RICKEY GADSON
RT = ( 0.145) 8.510 @ 170.64

Again, a better RT from Gadson but still slower than the guy he "trounced".

Oh, and as to who won it all ... Mike Slowe (I remember him from PINKS!) who was piloting Suzuki Hayabusa!

BTW ... Here are the qualifying numbers for that weekend's race.

Engine   Time     Speed
1) MIKE SLOWE SUZ         1300    8.312   176.02
2) TODD SCHNITZ SUZ      1300    8.469   170.13
3) DARREN BURNETT SUZ   1300    8.482   165.16
4) RICKEY GADSON KAW    1352    8.519   169.65
5) ERIC SANZOTERA SUZ   1100    8.522   169.30

The above info was taken from here.

Wow! In the top 5, the only Suzuki the 14 was able to beat was an 1100!

Hey Kawasaki ... nice "hype job" ... AGAIN! Although it'll be nice if Suzuki decides to upgrade the 7 year old Busa in order to whack the brand spanking new ZX-14, it seems as if its not necessary.

A good day to all, and to all a good day.

Thanks for posting up the REAL FACTS...keep us updated
smile.gif

You've got to also consider, the racers have been doing r&d on the busa for 7 years.

wow...yet another eye opener concerning the validity of kaws 13.5 being a "Busa Beater", all that and a bag of chips...hell..I just saw some dyno charts where Brock Davidson piped and tuned the 12R and the new 14 and...while the 14 belted out about 10 more ftlbs through the mid?...the 12R still bested it by a couple ponies up top....jeese...only kaw could get beat by it's own deceased bike...talk about shoot'in yerself in the foot!  
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144509644 -->

Thats great stuff Spigga.. I still wouldn't even consider the Kawi 12 or 14 as something worth looking at. Now the Kawi 10r and the 600 are truly awesome machines.

Anybody have anything else to say about the Busa? Busa kicked that ass! with less engine!

wow...yet another eye opener concerning the validity of kaws 13.5 being a "Busa Beater", all that and a bag of chips...hell..I just saw some dyno charts where Brock Davidson piped and tuned the 12R and the new 14 and...while the 14 belted out about 10 more ftlbs through the mid?...the 12R still bested it by a couple ponies up top....jeese...only kaw could get beat by it's own deceased bike...talk about shoot'in yerself in the foot!  
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
Did you know Brock's dyno supposedly reads on the low side? Most of the Busa's he's done have dynoed in the high 140's to around 150 hp.
Stock, he dynoed the ZX-14 at 164 hp with 102 ft.lbs of torque.
With a pipe and NO tuning, which means no power commander, only with a full exhaust system, the 14 dynoed at 181 hp and 108 ft.lbs of torque. That's a big increase with just adding a pipe.
I guess everyone has their own opinions on brands of bikes. After all, this is a Hayabusa site and most of the members ride Suzuki's. But, did anyone think of this: Brock has been a Hayabusa man ever since they came out. He's very, very  impressed with the ZX-14. I even heard he was quoted as saying "bye bye Busa".
I guess time will tell how good the 14 really is.

<!--EDIT|mokaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144521506 -->

laugh.gif
tounge.gif
Did you know Brock's dyno supposedly reads on the low side? Most of the Busa's he's done have dynoed in the high 140's to around 150 hp.
With a pipe and NO tuning, which means no power commander, only with a full exhaust system, the 14 dynoed at 181 hp and 108 ft.lbs of torque. That's a big increase with just adding a pipe.
I guess everyone has their own opinions on brands of bikes. After all, this is a Hayabusa site and most of the members ride Suzuki's. But, did anyone think of this: Brock has been a Hayabusa man ever since they came out. He's very, very  impressed with the ZX-14. I even heard he was quoted as saying "bye bye Busa".
again you come in here with your zx-14 hoopla... check were you are again.... what kind of response to you expect to get... there are a few people laying over and selling their busa... thats fine but the majority are sticking to their guns... its become nothing more than an irritation for you zx-14 busa bashers to come in, stir the pot and leave... yea the 14 seems like a great bike... yahoo! but the busa is also a great bike so only time will tell just how good the 14 really turns out and what suzuki will create to counter it...

laugh.gif
tounge.gif
well...first off...the fact that the big cow can have a pipe added and not need a pc tells me it's got a hella ecu with a range that is capable of handling and adjusting for such exhaust system changes....and also by design...exists the oh so mysterious "Ignitor Package" which Kaw per-planned into it's aftermarket sales instead of just incorporating it into the customers base package...but the bottom line is this...even with all that ugly and gadson at the controls?..it still got it's azz handed to it on a silver platter by not one..or even two...but THREE....count'em...(3) Mighty Hayabusa's...now..uhem...you were saying?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
tounge.gif
well...first off...the fact that the big cow can have a pipe added and not need a pc tells me it's got a hella ecu with a range that is capable of handling and adjusting for such exhaust system changes....and also by design...exists the oh so mysterious "Ignitor Package" which Kaw per-planned into it's aftermarket sales instead of just incorporating it into the customers base package...but the bottom line is this...even with all that ugly and gadson at the controls?..it still got it's azz handed to it on a silver platter by not one..or even two...but THREE....count'em...(3) Mighty Hayabusa's...now..uhem...you were saying?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
race.gif

race.gif

race.gif
  3 mighty busas made lunch meat outta that kow
jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|psycobusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144526737 -->

laugh.gif

race.gif

race.gif

First of all, I didn't come over here to bash Busa's. My name isn't Phantom 12. They're a great bike and I respect them. If I didn't have my 12, I would own a Busa. I come over here once in a while to see what's going on in Busaland. If you have a problem with that, I won't post here anymore.
Is there something wrong with disagreeing opinions? If everybody had the same bike, how much fun would that be?
The Hayabusa has proven itself over the last 7 years. There's tons of aftermarket parts for them. When the 14's been out for a while, there will be tons of aftermarket parts for them, too.
I guess I just don't understand why a certain few of you have to knock the 14 when there aren't even any in the streets yet. Nobody really knows anything at all about them. Once they show up at the dealerships and hit the streets, we'll find out the good and the bad.

First of all, I didn't come over here to bash Busa's. My name isn't Phantom 12. They're a great bike and I respect them. If I didn't have my 12, I would own a Busa. I come over here once in a while to see what's going on in Busaland. If you have a problem with that, I won't post here anymore.
Is there something wrong with disagreeing opinions? If everybody had the same bike, how much fun would that be?
The Hayabusa has proven itself over the last 7 years. There's tons of aftermarket parts for them. When the 14's been out for a while, there will be tons of aftermarket parts for them, too.
I guess I just don't understand why a certain few of you have to knock the 14 when there aren't even any in the streets yet. Nobody really knows anything at all about them. Once they show up at the dealerships and hit the streets, we'll find out the good and the bad.
It's not your coming over here and posting that bothers us...it's the one-liner back door insults such as...

"That's the smartest thing anyone's said on this thread."

that bothers us...well?...some of us...but understand this...

The pride many of us here exume for the busa is over the fact that IT HAS REIGNED AS KING over the past seven years...one entity touting it's class crushing debut as...

"The 10th Wonder Of The World"

He11...I used to own a '00 model ZRX1100...The Eddie Lawson Replica/Replica...a brute of a bike and a handful in the corners..but definantly not the fastest out there by a long shot...non-the-less?...It was it's already famed and carved in stone reputation that filled said owners with pride.

The ZX-14?...not even close...no earth-shaking, class shattering milestones set or records broke there...in between Elvis Presley and Mic Jagger there was Tom Jones...mokaw?...meet Tom.

BWSIX7.jpg

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144536155 -->

After years of R&D Kawasaki should have a bike faster the nearly unchanged Hayabusa. But do they? Right about now I think, who cares I got a 06 LE. And sweet she is.

Back