Tobin?

ranman

busaless but lovin the weather
Donating Member
Registered
hi i know there are lots of tobin seat fans here. does anyone know if they can do a pasenger backrest like a corbin? love the seats and also love the wife. she thinks she will flip off withought the backrest. thanks
type.gif

good question, I have been wondering the same thing, and how much does a backrest help, it couldnt be very big? anyone have any pics?

I've looked all over the internet for Busa back rests and the only one I've found is the one by Corbin, which requires you to buy their passenger seat - roughly $450!

The Ventura rack system has an upright to which their bag attaches. It looks like it should be a backrest as well, but they they have a big warning saying it is not to be used for that purpose!

It looks like it would be easy to fabricate something that would attach in place of the grab rail. If only I knew how to weld!

Any fabricators out there who would be interested in a project? I'll bet we could get a group buy on something like this.
smile.gif

Corbin is the way to go. It was the best thing i ever did. The wife loves it and she is totally secure now. No doubt pricey but man it is the best money i ever spent.

Heres something else to think about! There are several tail trunk options available for the Busa that incorporate a pad for Momma or? to lean on when riding. Plus you have a lockable trunk for both your helmets when you get there! In the case of the Alurack you are left with a fairly clean looking rack when the trunk is gone too!
Those Corbin backrests just look too easy to steal!

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/imageca....107
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/imageca....107

bigoltool thanks, i have a trunck backrest from jc whitney. but don`t think the look is for me. problu will enup going tobin for me and corbin for momma. thanks for the input fellas
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

tool that`s was an ides i also had but don`t have the skills to weld it together. if you do yours please let me know where and what parts you used. thanks ranman

Back