Don't laugh!!!!

Wolfman

Registered
Ok guys... Again No Laughing. One of my friends just bought a ninja 250. Well anyway, I am trying to help him out because he can't afford a 600 right now and he wants (NEEDS
tounge.gif
WAY) more torque. He has gotten more comfortable on it and now finds the power inadequate. So I was trying to help him find a sprocket or something to help him out but I can't find anything for the bike. Any help please? And stop laughing
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

If you want just a sprocket give GMbusa a call, his name is Paul, business is Gator Motors. Phone # is 540-910-0911. He's out of Waynesboro, VA.

please post up later the results of trying to beef up a 250. should be interesting. I'm sort of not surprised he feels the power inadequate if you ride a busa

You realize adding a sprocket is going to cut off the top end...

In layman's terms, that means he'll go from top speed of 50MPH down to 40MPH. (Sorry, had to do it..)
biggrin.gif

How long has he had the 250? Long enough to pass the test for his license? If so, it may be a good suggestion to upgrade now, rather than pour more $$$ into that bike. Just my 2 cents..

BUSAFETT

I told him he would lose top end and he said that is fine. He just wants more torque. He mostly just cruises up and down the strip at the beach so he doesn't go very fast anyway. We haven't gone riding together yet. That is next week. I'll let you know how that works out
tounge.gif
I am gonna try to hold back as much as I can but I have 90 more lbs/ft so I don't know how much holding back will help. He is going to try fixing it up so I will post up on how that goes for those who are interested. I think I saw a turbo 250 do 97 or something like that. So if he gets a turbo and I stay in 1st we might be alright.
rock.gif
(Busa)>
poke.gif
<(250)

<!--EDIT|Wolfman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144415381 -->

The Relsek family has a 250, and it did a pretty respectable job of hanging with the group on a daytrip through Floriduh.

If he can't afford a Gixxer 600 or comparible other brand, try the different way SV 650 (little cheaper like 2500 bucks and everyone seems to like em) or something in that route, or maybe even a 600 or 750 Kat < one of the members here, Thekatsmeow, has her Katana for sale so she can upgrade to the Busa. just some thoughts

IMO i wouldnt waste the time or money to make a 250 faster... i did the same thing... bought a 250 and felt like it was a moped after 4000 miles so i sold it (private sale not trade) and got $2800 for it. It was brand new - 4000 miles and 4 1/2 months. It sold quick and i used the money for a down payment on a 600!

by the way... nothing to laugh at... lots of people start on a 250... its the smart thing to do. If people wanna laugh, let them join the natural selection process and buy a 1000+ cc machine as their first bike... more times than not they will learn the hard way!
sad.gif

I agree that it is no reason to laugh at starting on a 250. One of my friends started with an R1 and wrecked it like three times in a week and sold it. I was referring to beefing up the 250 to keep up with me better. He hasn't gotten his license yet and probably isn't ready. He just figured out yesterday that you push on the same handle bar in the direction you want to go. So him learning on a 250 is a very good thing. I am going to try to help him as much as I can. Which is why I am posting this. He honestly can't afford a 600 right now. He is planning on getting one next summer when we get back from deployment. I just want to help him stay happy with his bike. So I want him to get as much out of it as he can (in his price range). He wants more torque and I suggested the sprocket since it is so cheap and easy. But I can't find any for his bike. If anyone knows of anything else he can do easily please let me know. I know the normal things but I think it would be a waste to do alot of that stuff to a 250.

Check out this site... it was my first motorcycle site and there is ALOT of INFO on 250's there like there is alot of info on busa's here....

ninja250.net

You could spend $10 and buy a tow rope. Most gain for the $$ spent.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Preach mode on.

Wolfman, all jesting aside, you're doing a great thing. You're getting someone into the biker clan the safest possible way. I started my wife on a VTR 250 and now she's on a Gixxer 1000. Money needs to be taken into consideration, of course, but the best consideration is the fact that he can probably survive long enough to learn how to ride a 250. His chances are better, at any rate.

Full on kudos to you for taking a new biker under your wing.

And everyone else, if you really have a dislike for squids, this is the best way to get them off the streets. Mentor a new biker or two and get them going the right way. I've ridden a lot of slow miles on my Busa just to accommodate a new rider who was laying down the learning miles.

You don't owe it to the biker community to do so but you and everyone else would benefit a great deal as a result of it.

Cheers!

Preach mode off.

--Wag--

Wolfman, when I get back lets all go riding. Take him down through pungo. Good twisties and little traffic.

pm or email me sometime. It's hot down here and I can't ride.....
AAAssjani.gif

coffee.gif

smile.gif

Gerry

<!--EDIT|gers_hayabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144471283 -->

Sell the 250ninja and get a 500ninja. Still cheap on insurance. Or if he has to have a full fairing bike, go with any year SV650 and get the lowers. These bikes look good done up that way.

Back