Tourist trophy

busa_boy_69

Registered
Well guys yesterday was the day. I went and picked up my copy of TT. I have to say after 6 straight hours of play I am a little dissapointed. Graphic wise the game was what I expected but a few things aren't what I was expecting. Number one as far as the Busa goes I am a little insulted. One of the races I was doing last night as an example was me versus a Buell XB12R Firebolt in a race. We go around a sweeping right hand turn and the computer cuts it so wide that it actually runs into the grass a little bit. I held about the middle radius of the turn and made a NICE exit rolling the throttle fully out of the turn. The BUELL pulled literally side by side of the Busa and I gained no gap on it. I mean come on the Busa should have been pulling away there. Not to mention that the game does not give you a sense of speed at all. When you are doing 90mph it looks like you are doing about 30-40ish. The other thing that really let me down was that the game said you would be able to customize the bikes. Which you can but heres how it works. The only things you can change on the bikes are the exhaust, tires, suspenion, and brakes. Not only that but I figured you would get name brands to chose from like Yoshi, Akrapovic, Muzzy, ect. You DON'T. Everytime you win a bike you see a message that says this bike comes with a customizable exhaust option see "settings". When you go to the settings you literally only get to click on a tab that says STREET or RACING. When you change it to racing you don't get to pick the pipe, it changes nothing to the look or sound of the bike, and only ups the HP on the chart. Thats it. Now lets talk about the handling of the Busa on this game. It is a PIG! I mean I know the Busa is a big bike and definitely not flickable like the Litre bikes are but I mean in this game its like trying to turn a drag bike. Trying to take a sharp turn at 40 mph is almost impossible without running into the gaurd rail when you try and hold the throttle. I mean I still haven't got really far into the game so maybe it will get a little better when I have some more experience on it but I kinda doubt it. I been gaming for a long time and it really seems like this game is gonna be a let down. They are heading in a lot better direction but they missed the homerun with this one.
BB69

excellent i was wondering about this game. Lookes like it willbe one of those game ill just reant instead of buying.

That sucks----Sounds like poor Piloting in R&D. They should have sent us (the .Org) some Demo's to critique prior to production. Obviously the game geeks don't really ride or customize these bikes.
down.gif

Were you using the auto matic or the manual shifting? Try the manual as it helps YOU control where your RPMs are. The race I tried, I stayed in 1st - 3rd gears just to try to hang with a BMW 1200!!!
biggrin.gif
BUT, that said, the computer guy KNEW the track layout and I didn't

This IS a full SIMULATION game, meaning it won't be immediately playable. After some time of learning the track and getting used to the FEEL of the way they have simulated the bike, it looks to be quite fun.

Me and a buddy ran off EVERY CORNER on the track until we figured out we needed to plan the apex, and break SMOOTHLY just like on teh real race track.

The busa is a tad under powered... might have to do some 1 on 1 dragging with a buddy to see the power of the bikes ;) but I'm glad the busa is in there. I feel this is the best game of it's type that is out right now.

Seriously, if you want some strait out riding fun, pick up SUZUKI SUPERBIKES TT game which is real cheap right now. It was way better than I was expecting it to be, you ride in the streets of Isle of Man, it has great feel and reaction, and sense of speed is very high since you are so close to trees, walls, lamposts, etc etc etc. My buddy and I treid it before TT and it wrecked our feel for TT for a while
smile.gif
But his comment was, "This is GREAT! It's just like how WE ride in real life!" Isle of Man? ? ? hahahhaha he meant through country roads at breakneck speeds, side by side etc

Put in more seat time, try the other bikes too, and learn the feel. It's worth the ride

I thought it was very difficult controlling even the lighter bikes....It reminds me of Grand Tourismo...

Knowing it's just a game and not comparing it to real life, I'm having a blast with this baby. Still handles more realistically than any thing out there.

Picture_1231.jpg

Oh don't get me wrong I had learned to play it well after a couple hours. I actually got golds in 3 of the cups last night and I had unlocked the Busa, gixxer 600,750,1000 and the CBR 100RR. I am not saying this game is a WASTE. They definitely did a lot of things right BUT they need to refine it and add some options and more realistic figures and this game would be perfect. It just wasn't as up to par as I had my expectations set. I still will keep it I am not trading it in. If anything its bad ass to watch the replays of your race because the Busa looks so real in this game.

I agree it's not perfect. I felt they could have done the "riders leaning" better. They seem really stuck on the seat. Other games do handle that aspect better. But the feel is great and I love the cockpit mode best!!

the only problem i hav is the busa cans keep rubing the ground

thay need the H M F

Okay guys heres a new update. After having this game for a few days I have found a few things different. The big problem I was having with the handling of the bikes was using the auto shift. I have never really used manual shifting in a game before. I started practicing with the manual on here and now I am tearing these tracks up. even the Busa is cutting turns a lot better by doing this. This game was just like Gran Turismo. You just have to play it a little bit and get a feel for each bike then you can see a big difference in your riding. The only real grip I am having with this now is the wreck physics. For one once you go into the grass or run off the pavement there is no CHANCE for you to keep control of the bike. It downs almost immediately. Even the guys racing moto gp that run off at those high speeds sometimes control the bike without downing it. And once you DO wreck the wrecks don't seem 100% realistic. I would just like to see more realistic bike tumbling and then everything would be good. So that said this game is rocking some serious ass and I would recommend to ANYONE if you don't have this yet get out and BUY IT!

people are discovering lots of physics glitches. when you grab the front brakes the bikes don't stand upright like real bikes - I wonder if the "lever back" is not REALLY just front breaks but both? also I took the busa to the oval to go for some high speeds, decided to drive strait into a wall at the second banked turn and the thing stayed upright and ran in the groove tween the wall andthe road... I don't think so!!! but that helped my lap time significantly just staying full throttle and riding it out!! hahaahahaha

also, I decided to try PRO SIM handling/control and that feels better to me for some reason - more control over everything I think. Just feels better.

There's room for improvement and I'm sure they will, but for now, this is the best thing going for street bikes

Has anyone figured out how to wheelie or endo these bikes? Someone posted a topic about this game like last week and showed pics of the busa at a twelve o'clock and doing an endo?

Batman, use the joystick for the throttle control and brakes. When you want to wheelie, pull back on the joystick and gas it.

Back