Any pics of 05 red/black

dagwood

Registered
Does anyone have pics of an 05 Red and Black lowered an inch in the front? I installed my reapers over the weekend and am considering dropping the front, but want to see how it looks first.

The bus is much more comfy now and I no longer get that kink in my neck. Will lowering the front put the bars back to the same position they were before installing the risers?

this is about 2 inches im pretty sure on the risers your bars will be in the same location

<!--EDIT|badboysbailagnt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144189225 -->

sidewinder3.gif

i took the upper nose fairing out for a little more clearance. I also have cut"drag" forks on the front that only have 3/4inch of travel. Unless you have a 1inch oil pan and drag forks i would not recomend going as low as i did. Thanks man

Here is my bike lowered with the 1 1/4th reaper risers. So should be about the same. I lowered the rear about 2", middle whole on lowering links.

here is my bike with 1" reapers installed. bars will stay at the same position but you may find that your weight may be slightly shifted back forward again without lowering the back also.

101_5796.jpg

these are with soupy's links set at close to stock height.

101_5807.jpg

101_5806.jpg

My bike does hit the nose on big bumps. Also drags the header on big speed bumps.

<!--EDIT|IFLYLOW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144214037 -->

Thanks a lot guys!! They all look sweet. I think I'll drop the front this weekend and I'll try to post the pics afterwards.

Bruiserman, did you paint those midpipes black? Nice!

Wasn't it heavily suggested recently to not lower your front end for handling and turning radius reasons..unless you prefer going in a straight line mostly?.

My bike seemed to actually turn in faster with just the front lower. I can still rail pretty hard at the level that it is right now.

Back