Tires, the new m-3 or ?? (especially the rear), ti

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
Was about to order a Pilot Power, but after reading an article in"Sport Rider" about the new M-3's I'm thinking about them.

Your thought's & comments about your choices, would be appreciated. (I think the group will benefit as well)

P.S. I'm a throttle junkie, that loves that little spin & wheel lift when you come out of a corner! So the centre of my tire is bald, sides are like still good. and I don't rack this bike, but love the turns, and pushing as hard as my Ball'z will let me

<!--EDIT|TorontoBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144160708 -->

Pilots kick ass!!
Diablos pretty good too
IMO Michelins are about the best out right now

Haven't seen the M3s yet
gotta link?

I'd still go w/ Pilots
just my .02

With the Busa, throw everything you read about tire wear out the window. As we all know our beloved machine eats tires.

I have used just about all of the 05 crop of tires. I push extremly hard in the mountains. My tire wear is excessive. For most street tires, I get less than 1000 miles on the rear. No burnouts at all.

The Pilot Power I got just over 1700 on the rear. I was very impressed with the feel of that tire.

The M3 has a rounder profile and will turn slower compared to the "V" shape of the Power.

If you like corners you will like the feel of the Power. The M3 will be compareable to the stocker.

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144163121 -->

I don't think anyone's riden on M3s yet. Powers however are proven and a site favourite!
biggrin.gif

ordered new Dunlop Qualifiers....replacement/upgrade of the D208s. better wear n high speed stability. priced good too. worth looking into.

if the sides are still ok then your balls arent pushin you hard enough
laugh.gif
let me know when you do a power slide.....that takes balls
biggrin.gif
just playin

I believe a land/sea ratio is the amount of "tread" vs the amount of "groove"

I'll be slapping on Pilots this weekend (front and rear) to prepare for my next track day April 22 @ California Speedway AMA track. The center WILL NOT MAKE CONTACT as I'll pretty much be on lean angles the whole time (21 turns). Thats's Only reason I got Pilots. MotoGP tested and approved.

I will give the new M3's a chance as soon as the pilots are done. The M3's are a little pricier though.

The M3 has a rounder profile and will turn slower compared to the "V" shape of the Power.

If you like corners you will like the feel of the Power. The M3 will be compareable to the stocker.
and to qualify Vmans comment regarding cornering difs?..

In the ad link provided here I picked up on the fact that the M3 advertises...

"45 Degree Dry Lean Angle"

Where the Pilot Powers are rated/advertised....

"50 Degree Dry Lean"

not even a decision for me cause...

I...

SEBRING8.jpg

Love...

COPDAY8.jpg

To...

SEBRING12.jpg

Lean.

SEBRING10.jpg

so I'll stick with the powers..."literally".
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

if the sides are still ok then your balls arent pushin you hard enough
laugh.gif
 let me know when you do a power slide.....that takes balls
biggrin.gif
 just playin
I can do the power slide
smile.gif

The slide that blows me away is the one I've seen a racer do, entering a turn, do trailering throttle drift (don't plan to learn that one riding my bike)

and to qualify Vmans comment regarding cornering difs?..

In the ad link provided here I picked up on the fact that the M3 advertises...

"45 Degree Dry Lean Angle"

Where the Pilot Powers are rated/advertised....

"50 Degree Dry Lean"

not even a decision for me cause...

I...

SEBRING8.jpg

Love...

COPDAY8.jpg

To...

SEBRING12.jpg

Lean.

SEBRING10.jpg

so I'll stick with the powers..."literally".
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Great pic's!

I have to get some one to do that for me (always wanted to see how far over I go) can't scrape the knee....yet!!

Back