To keep out the "users" and riff raff....

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
We get a ton of folks that come on to the site to sell something and then split.
They do up an' ad in clasifieds about selling their Busa.Then they argue with the members and mods about the VIN requirement.
Then they sell their bike never to be heard from again.

I'm thinking anyone with rookie staus/non-donating member has to pay the site(all of us in essence) say...20 bucks to run their ad.

We get help for hosting costs,they get a great place to sell,and maybe our members get a good deal on a bike.

Maybe charge 10.oo for parts listings.

Whatchu folks think? RSD.

$5.... Thats the min to become a donating member!
tounge.gif

Well after recent events, and the shock to most of us this morning when logging on or "trying to"..

I'd say any means necessary to generate funds to keep this site on the line. Is a just kos.............
smile.gif

Newer member here. Never bought or sold, however, unless charging cause site needs money, I would not charge. It is a service to regulars, and as long as they seller meets your requirements, vin#, etc., I say let it alone. Afterall, its just a forum to hook up buyers and sellers, and we all know "let the buyer beware".

If I was trying to sell my Busa, and I'am NOT, $20 to a site FULL OF BUSA Owners and future Busa Owners is just chump change if I sell it. So, $20 bucks, NO BIG DEAL ! As my Wife says while shopping  ------ CHARGE  
biggrin.gif

It sounds like a good idea. I think there are alot of things to consider though.

Who is going to manage this?

Who is going to enforce the rules?

What if the new seller is testing the market on a new product and giving the members a good deal?

What if a old member is selling something for a friend that is not a member?

Like I said it's not a bad idea. I think there is alot of things that would need to be addressed before anything was set in stone. There are so many different scenarios that could come up.

This could be a good thing for the org. Or it could lead to a bunch of nasty posts and PMs that we see every once in awhile.

Newer member here. Never bought or sold, however, unless charging cause site needs money, I would not charge. It is a service to regulars, and as long as they seller meets your requirements, vin#, etc., I say let it alone.  Afterall, its just a forum to hook up buyers and sellers, and we all know "let the buyer beware".
Good call.... Might think about Free to any member with more than 50 post! $5 to anyone with less... TMH makes you have at least 100 post!

all good thoughts so far, thats why I "Look Before I Leap".

Ask the membership...before doing something they might not like. Its the difference between me and that last guy who did my job...hahahaha.

RSD.

I'm not a donating member but the first raffle I sent like $100 and told cache to use it as he pleases. Trying to drum up some membership donations via cutting discounts on stuff I make.

I'd REALLY like to offer hayabusa.org ONLY stuff. Meaning you can only buy it IF you're a member here. BUT of course...really cool stuff is never cheap. My first thought was monogramed hayabusa.org carbon fiber inner panels. Junk like that.

Newer member here. Never bought or sold, however, unless charging cause site needs money, I would not charge. It is a service to regulars, and as long as they seller meets your requirements, vin#, etc., I say let it alone.  Afterall, its just a forum to hook up buyers and sellers, and we all know "let the buyer beware".
Good call.... Might think about Free to any member with more than 50 post! $5 to anyone with less... TMH makes you have at least 100 post!
Yeah I really don't like the concept of "bullying" someone into contributing money to become a member.....some people really don't have it to "spend" on stuff like that...considering the number of boards many of us frequent.

actually...I have made this suggestion before. Eliminate ALL ebay links in the for sale section. If people want to sell it....sell it here.

I don't think $20 would be much to ask for posting a bike for sale here. Compared to a newspaper which probably runs $30-40, that's a small price to pay for exposure to such a product specific audience.

If I was trying to sell my Busa, and I'am NOT, $20 to a site FULL OF BUSA Owners and future Busa Owners is just chump change if I sell it. So, $20 bucks, NO BIG DEAL ! As my Wife says while shopping  ------ CHARGE  
biggrin.gif
I'm agreeing here, but IMHO, you're going too cheap w/$20 even...for new, non-donating members, say $35 to post bike sales, n $15 for parts. IF they donated, n IF they've been active member...say, i dunno, 100+ posts? what sounds good here?

main point here-folks who come to this site to sell stuff do it cuz its a no-brainer; jee, are guys who talk all day about hayabusas, buy hayabusas n parts for hayabusas? duh!

game hunters-you ever met a farmer who KNEW he had a ton of deer/birds/etc. on his land,that didn't charge a pretty penny for you to hunt on his property? n WHY do u pay?- cuz ur darn-near gaurenteed to bag what ur lookn for!

I'm a newbie here, so maybe i'm just flappin gums fer nuthin here...just my .02c

actually...I have made this suggestion before. Eliminate ALL ebay links in the for sale section. If people want to sell it....sell it here.
I don't agree with this. I mean i haven't sold on here at all.....But what is wrong with a link to an ebay item should you want to let fellow board members know about something being offered. Now if you want to end an ebay auction early to help a fellow member out that would be great.
wink.gif

I don't agree with this. I mean i haven't sold on here at all.....But what is wrong with a link to an ebay item should you want to let fellow board members know about something being offered. Now if you want to end an ebay auction early to help a fellow member out that would be great.  
wink.gif
Because if you want it sold here then great, set a price and wait for an offer. If you give up on waiting, pull your ad and list it at ebay. Members should NOT expect fellow members to bid for their wares. A link to a bid is disresepctful....

I agree with making money for the site, But just remember,,,, when you start charging everyone hurts...People stop selling there items here on the board. If they have to pay, a lot of items will never get listed. so when you need that tail light that got broke and go looking for one you may not find it because someone who had one tossed in a box didn't think it was worth paying to post it. Just a thought.
I like the way gixxer.com did it. If you were a paying member you got a red "R" under your name and you got in to "special areas" that non paying members could not get it. No one wanted to be left out so people donated just to be able to see what was going on in "club R"
I'm sure they got Hundreds of donations that way.

I have sold here and bought items on here. I post my busa parts here insted of ebay. I sell hundreds of bike parts on ebay, but would rather see the parts go here to someone who needs it. I would hate to see people stop selling here because of a fee. I do how ever agree that it cost money to run this site and money needs to made to keep it going.

Back