The trade

BUSAFETT

Registered
Today I went to lunch with a guy from work I've known for a couple years, who's a fellow cycle lover. He has a Yamaha VStar 1100, which he's had for about a year..

Since the DAY I got my Busa, he's basically dropped hints here and there, asking to be able to take my bike to see what it's like- For anyone who knows what a VStar is, I call it a YamaHarley, b/c for all intents and purposes, it's the same thing.

So today, we rode over to Hooters for some Buffalo Shrimp (it's Lent, no meat on Fridays), and the entire time he kept looking out the window at the Busa. I finally threw the key at him and said "here, take her back to the office-" The guy was enthralled.. I ended up taking a diff way home on his bike, and got back to work before he did. When he pulled up, his mouth was simply hanging open.. All I said was.... "yep, I know."
biggrin.gif

As we walked back into the building, his final words before he went back to his dept were: "$hit now I gotta go sell MY bike!!!". I tried to tell him although they're both motorcycles, they're worlds apart.. It's like trying to compare a Porsche Boxter to a Zambony.

BUSAFETT

PS: I was sick as a dog until he showed up w/my bike!!!!

Great story ... but man, you have more guts than me. I have a hard time letting my buds even SIT on her. The Busa, that is ...
tounge.gif

Good job in converting another, but I will say that you are a MUCH bigger man than me. I could never let someone ride my baby. I stalk service techs when they test drive my bike after it gets work done to it at the shop...
bowdown.gif

I have let only my most trusted friend who has many miles under his belt ride mine. He has a Valkrie and when he came back, he had that same big grin on his face, all he could say is WOW.

yep, there's no feelin like the one when you hand someone the keys to your bike and tell em they can take it around the block and after they're gone a few minutes you start thinkin "man, it shouldnt take that long."
biggrin.gif

Wow! I give you a lot of credit for trusting your co-worker. It must have felt like an eternity waiting for him to return.

The worst feeling in the world, waiting for it to come back in one piece. I quit letting people ride my baby when I got the busa.

And I've politely turned down two of my buds ... I just say that *I* don't feel comfortable riding *their* bikes. And one has a 999
tounge.gif
and the other a Triple Speed.
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

This guy's cool, and I knew the power of my bike would scare the $hit outta him (even moreso after riding HIS).

Trust me tho, it was a RARITY to let someone ride my bike. The only other person who has ridden it is one of my close friends who I've known for 6 years, and who willingly handed me the keys to his VStrom when I was between bikes.

I also like the "not comfortable riding YOUR bike" suggestion- Note to self..
biggrin.gif

BUSAFETT

I've let a few experienced riders take mine for a spin with the same glowing post-ride reports. I take that risk occasionally because if it wasn't for a good friend who let me spend a few hours with his Busa I might still be on a ZRX. I know what you mean about the waiting anxiety until they show up again... it's the worst!

The funny thing is, I did actually enjoy the ride on his VStar- It'll be a nice change for me when I hit 70.
biggrin.gif

BUSAFETT

Good Job, your a braver man than I am, only my wife has ridden mine
biggrin.gif

Back