Best material for trailer

mrcllusb

Registered
Got my 4x8 folding and tilting trailer,and was wondering what's the best material to put on it for the floor?I know the usual is plywood,but that rots..It's the 199.99 trailer from harbor freight..

<!--EDIT|mrcllusb
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143640893 -->

Rino Liner. We have multiple "ranch" trailers, use them for everything, the one that is Rino Lined has lasted the longest and worn the best. You can color match as well.

marine grade alluminum. expensive...will last forever thou. Even leave it in the rain/snow if ya want.

Diamond Plate is the best.. the expanded metal is cheaper and easier to cut. but rocks and debris comes thru and hits the bike...

Hmmm since i'm an aircraft structural repairist,i should be able to get a great price on 2 pieces of diamond plate..:)

I have the same trailer. The first time I put a floor on it I used 1" exterior plywood. It lasted 7 years and was still in decent shape when I replaced it (other than where I had gouged the hell out of it with a lawn aerator, and even then it was strong enough that I used the trailer to haul home my busa when I bought it). Keep in mind that I used it for a year and then it sat outside for the rest of the time at my parents house. I started using it again 3 years ago and replaced the floor with 3/4" exterior plywood. I used deck stain on the top and edges of the plywood both times. It is in my garage most of the time now but it is in perfect shape still. For the price it is a perfect trailer. If you need to haul more weight than it is originally rated for you can get tires that are rated for heavier weight. You can also get motorcycle tire rails for it at Harbor Freight.

Yeah mine is stored in my garage since it folds up..Up against the wall is where it stays,that's why i need 2 separate pieces so that it can still fold up.I saw the difference between the trailer i have and the next one up is just the tire size..

Ya, tire diameter is the only difference. They were out of the larger tire one when I ordered mine so I got the one with the smaller tires.

Back