New bike

warwgn

Hi,I'm Dustin.Do you like my dancing
Donating Member
Registered
my wife wants me to get a cruiser for long trips, and I looked at the Vulcan 2000. It's a heavy pig, but stock has 141Lbs of torque, so I'm thinking with new cam, power comander, pipes and better filter I should have a decent running cruiser.

Has anybody ridden one of these 2 liter bikes??

I had a vulcan 1500, before and rode it coast to coast, it was plenty comfortable, but carboreated and only had the 4 speed tranny and shaft drive so it was to underpowered and slow so I sold it. I'm only 34 so I cant see buying a goldwing just yet, beside the wife wants to get some leather stuff so she wants to be on a cruiser. I cant complain it's a chance to get another bike!!

Rune!
smile.gif

buying a cruiser is bad enough, but no way in hell will I buy a honda
AAAssjani.gif

They look wierd, and Ive heard they dont run that great.

FJR 1300 with the automatic shifting (not really auto, you still have to shift with your left thumb) !
Plenty of power, lots of torque and luggage, aftermarket Hoo Haws galore ! And on top of that, it's shaft drive, NO MESS, NO FUSS
biggrin.gif

I would go with the M109R or the Honda VTX 1800. The VTX 1800 will leave that Vulcan 2000 sitting in the dust wondering what the hell just happened. Also the Vulcan does not even respond all that great to mods. At least they make a turbo kit for the VTX.

I like Suzuki's (M109) and the Vulcun 2000 is nice too. Both of those bikes will make fun cruisers, but If you really want to do some touring, there is nothing that going to compete with Honda's 1800 Goldwing. Period.

<!--EDIT|URBAN COWBOY
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143540543 -->

I looked at the m109, got to love that 240 rear tire!!

Lots of good points made, I thought the VTX was slow, of course the cruisers that were with us on the trip were a V65 magna, Vmax, Warrior, and I was on the GSX600 at the time. We went from Albuquerque to Denver and back over a weekend. The VTX got left behind in every up hill we hit. Thinking of that trip makes me think twice about a cruiser all together All of them are slow. But I need to rember I dont need speed out of it. Just want to be able to cruise around 85-90 and pass any trucks or cars when I want to.

Got alot to stew on now, thanks for the input.

If you have to have a "cruiser", look at the new Yamaha Roadliner & Stratoliner. 1800cc, air cooled, push rod valves, fuel injection, and belt drive. Lots of hop-up parts available.

buying a cruiser is bad enough, but no way in hell will I buy a honda
AAAssjani.gif

They look wierd, and Ive heard they dont run that great.
Dont know who you been talking to about a Honda But they are one of the best built , refined and reliable bikes youcan buy not to mention the warranty backup they offer on any problems. I have never had a problem with a honda motocycle..you must have mistaked it for a kawi

If money were no object, I'd get a RUNE. Still many around. However, I really love the FJR 1300. Test drove one last summer, a really sweet touring machine. Does it all!

I would consider the Yamy Roadliner or the Suzuki m109 over the Vtx. Go to the vtx owners group website.That bike definetely has some issues if you put pipes on it. " backfiring and fouling plugs". I know a couple people who own them and they are considering other bikes . i like honda , but would not go that route for a cruiser.

Back