New bike in family

oldbird

Registered
Me and my brother went and picked up this 2000 Yamaha R-1 today. Got a chance to ride it on the way home feels very light and pulls hard. Need to wash and clean it up tommorow hopefully we'll get to see how they run together does anyone know how good these bikes really run do you think he'll give me a run for my money.

thanks art

100_0069.JPG

It might hang for a little while, or on the twisties he will give you trouble . I Love the R-1s . Nice bike.

congrats to your bro. Del Amo Motorsports in Socal is selling 06's for 9K out the door. Not a bad deal.

In a straight line the R1 will be no competitiion for the busa. In the twisties the R1 will handle with a lot more ease then a busa.

I guess I am lucky down here there are no twisties nothing but long strait roads miles and miles of them I am going to check on them this morning lets see how they behaved last night

thanks art

Man sweet I have always loved the R-1 but my back doesnt after 300 miles so i do wothout . If money was no big thing would love to have the new raven R-1 or LE R-1 just to ride around the block and look at..

Take your brother out on a straight away, let him hang for a while. Then when he is feeling happy with his purchase, give your girl a twist of the throttle and watch his eyes turn to pumpkins as he sees you become a small dot as you disappear...LOL...

the R1's without a steering dampner suffer vicious head shake.Tell him to be carefull. Slamming the throttle will lift the front and it doesn't always settle back down nicely.

just Rubb's advice.

I had a 2000 for a about a year.  If he is a new rider, I would tell him to be careful and buy a steering dampner.  That is a head shaking SOB if you don't know what you are doing....
rock.gif

Straight line, he has no chance....Twisites it will be the other way around if you are = riders!
cool.gif

P.S....that is a wheelie machine. I could go for MILES on mine!

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143479567 -->

nice bikes-buddy got his '01 year bfore i picked up busa...rode his a few times; nice but felt too small (6'7") then got my busa n gave hima ride....came back shaking with eyes poppin out his head. He had no idea bike could accelerate like that. On the straights, he'll c nuthin but tailight dude.

Back