This is why you should do preventative

psycobusa

Registered
and to think i wondered why my baby was starting to stall on me after 18000 miles of problem free service
iamwithstupid.gif

bad_filter_001.jpg

Yuck  
crazy.gif

That's got me thinking, I don't remember a regular schedule time peroid for the fuel filter in the service manual...?   Anybody know what Suzuk recommends??

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143331042 -->

i dont think suzuki recommends anything for the fuel filter but after seeing this i think im going to start doing it every 5000 miles at least.....right now im in the process of treating the tank with por-15. for those who dont know, its a rust remover and sealer. when im finished, i think im going to need to have a look at the filters on my fuel injectors.
biggrin.gif

Yuck  
crazy.gif

That's got me thinking, I don't remember a regular schedule time peroid for the fuel filter in the service manual...?   Anybody know what Suzuk recommends??
What year do you have Sir charles ?
2002 black and blue, probably time to do mine huh?  
tounge.gif
You dont have one. You have in internal fuel pump. We would have to change the entire thing.

Yuck  
crazy.gif

tounge.gif
You dont have one. You have in internal fuel pump. We would have to change the entire thing.
Yep it's internal

pump.gif

Yuck  
crazy.gif

tounge.gif
blush.gif

shows what I know about fuel pumps
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

part 2-2 it says is fuel filter $225...wtf!!! part 3 is strainer, fuel p (model k1) $42.68
part 3 does look like it could be a strainer but part 2 looks more like a regulator. thats what is says on bikebandit.

Back