Buell blast

TXBusa05LE

Registered
Any opinions? There is a 04 in the paper. 900 miles plus extra set of plastics. Asking $2900 but nego. Yes…it’s for the very small girlfriend!

one of my very small guy friends had one, he said it was a blast, seriously, but who knows with the hardley parts and reliability issues.... it is definately small though...

-WHEELMAN

Any opinions?  There is a 04 in the paper.  900 miles plus extra set of plastics.  Asking $2900 but nego.  Yes…it’s for the very small girlfriend!
I would think that for just a few hundred more you could look around and put her on a far better, way more reliable, slightly used SV650.

Ya don't wanna spend your free time working on her one lunger p.o.s. buell blast or?....worse yet?...be out for a day ride miles from home when the Harley Gods strike her bike dead on the side of the road...do ya?

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

The perfect beginers bike. I put a lot of folk on them over the yrs, the only complaint was that most of them grew out of it fairly quick.

Incredibly reliable. Never had a cust with ANY problems....and had several that just pounded the snot out of it.

snag it in the 2500 $ range and you won't get hurt.

yeah...prob is she's 5'2. the sv would just be to big. i think i'll go with the blast. plus it's in the range i wanted to spend for a 1st bike for her...

I personally like the Buell . To me it would be a perfect putt around ride .or setup right an oversized motard IMO

I rode a Blast during my MSF BRC. It was a lot of fun. Vibrates a lot though. Handled fine. Easy to ride. Not much power.

My son has an '05 SV650S. Really nice bike. Handles well. Goes good too.

I'd feel more secure buying an SV650 though.

Not sure if that helps much.

I have never rode one but the engine is made by Harley.
The 'reliability' issues have been resolved a long time ago.IMO,Harley puts out a reliable product,not like in the 70'S...
The only issues I believe they have are the cost VS the underpowered motors they still are putting out (compared to other Co's) and they could use much better brakes.

The Blast is a great first bike for timid riders. Certainly not too much power, not the best looking ride out there, and it does vibrate.

But believe me when I say, reliability is NOT an issue. Gotta get it fairly cheap tho as resale value IS. A low mile '04 @ about 2500 would be fine.

The SV650 would be a bike she would own a lot longer, much more to grow into. But for a true beginers machine, the Blast cannot be beat.

I have an X1 White Lighting. Trust me, you dont' want to go there. Buell/HD service is less than useless. If Yugo made mortorcycles, you would be better off with one of them
biggrin.gif

My wife has one and loves it. My guess is she loves the vibrations!!! LOL!

P1010011.jpg

The perfect beginers bike.  I put a lot of folk on them over the yrs, the only complaint was that most of them grew out of it fairly quick.

Incredibly reliable.  Never had a cust with ANY problems....and had several that just pounded the snot out of it.  

snag it in the 2500 $ range and you won't get hurt.
+1

Back