Early morning wiring help for pacman

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Pac is putting his bike together as we speak. I'm sorta awake,but not enuff to succesfully diagnose his prob.
I've been thru the wiring dia and couldn't come up with it.

Even before I looked at the wiring I was leaning towards the tip over switch.

His cluster lights up,and yet no spark or fuel pump start up.

I believe only the tip over circuit killz both fuel and ignition.

Idea's men?

thanks, Rubb.

(don't worry,I'll get that bastid later for waking me up at O600.) hehehehe

+1 rsd only thing i can think of unless he blew a fuse..

Rubb, I love the new avatar.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Quit jackin your own thread....tell pac daddy to check the kill switch, kickstand, and the tip over
wink.gif

In one of his eariler threads, didn't he say that his cluster worked and he had continuity? Maybe there is a break in the wire somewhere..... you mentioned the kill switch, kickstand switch and tip-over, did he check his fuses?

What about his wiring harness
rock.gif
I remember reading somewhere that he changed it, cause the old one got damaged.

He could have shorted something out in the crash....and he has a BAD corrosion problem out there in the
middle of that pond
rock.gif

rock.gif

last phone call to him:

Fuses checked.
Yes new wiring harness.
I'll be walking him thru step by step to check for shorts.

pump problem, I think. We were able to get the pump running, but blew the fuel fuse in the process of checking wires for load.

She finally ran last night...RPM's were off the chart, though. Fuel pump sounded like it was in its death throes or something. Phoned Rubbah (this time at 7am - sorry again, bruver), and he sez I need to pull apart that fuel pump again and double-check to make sure I put it back together right. That, and to change out that paper filter.

Oh yah....and the cables, too. Gotta try gettin them routed correctly. I thought I did, but from the sound of the engine and Rubbah's preliminary diagnosis, it appears I didn't.

Damn....

pump problem, I think. We were able to get the pump running, but blew the fuel fuse in the process of checking wires for load.

She finally ran last night...RPM's were off the chart, though. Fuel pump sounded like it was in its death throes or something. Phoned Rubbah (this time at 7am - sorry again, bruver), and he sez I need to pull apart that fuel pump again and double-check to make sure I put it back together right. That, and to change out that paper filter.

Oh yah....and the cables, too. Gotta try gettin them routed correctly. I thought I did, but from the sound of the engine and Rubbah's preliminary diagnosis, it appears I didn't.

Damn....
Im glad the beast came to life finnaly Pac. Did the pads get to ya yet? Hey if you need reference pictures taken and emailed or posted let me know. I got a fresh set of batteries and a Digital Cam on standby. Anytime bro. Grab.

Damn....
Im glad the beast came to life finnaly Pac. Did the pads get to ya yet? Hey if you need reference pictures taken and emailed or posted let me know. I got a fresh set of batteries and a Digital Cam on standby. Anytime bro. Grab.
OH hey...thanks, man! Yah...I got the pads. Just this past Friday, I believe. Sorry I didn't get back to ya on them.

RE: reference pics...

Mebbe some of the throttle cables, the fast idle cable and the throttle speed adjuster cables. Rubbah sez I may have gotten those all screwy. That's only if you have some spare time, bro....I know that one's a bizzotch to get to .

I was nice to hear her run, but damn was she loud! Only runnin the headers for now...I guess that's why. Haha...I started it up at 8:30 at night...scared the chickens in my yard. Hehe...

Back