Pics of my new big bird, also have a ?

alocker

Registered
Here are a few pics of my new big bird. The system sounds wicked and the construction seems solid, but the finish is questionable. The midpipe and can tip are raw brushed stainless. The brush marks do not go in the same pattern and are inconsistant, which makes it look too raw for me. Its hard to tell from the pics, but im somewhat dissappointed in the finish.

I would like to polish the midpipe and the can ends. Has anyone done this?? Do I have to drill the rivets and disassmeble or will a polisher do it all in one piece?? Any idea on what I should pay to have it done? Thanks.

members.cox.net images missing

I think it looks good as is also .

My ZX-9R M4 midpipe was finished that way but the can ends were not. Made clean up of the mid-pipe way easy with some course emery cloth .

Looking good. How loud is that setup?
Its F-ing loud. Really deep at idle. Up in the revs, its very loud, not whiny, more of a ripping sound.

I knew it would be hard to show the surface in pics. Another reason I though of polishing is its easier for me to buff the heat color out of it versus brushed.

ya mine sounds great but the finish is like your mine even had a big burr on the outlet tip that looked like crap.i think after seeing how it turned colors i am going to have my hole system jet hot coated next winter.some have their midpipes chromed.

Can be polished in one piece..or do it yourself with fine emery cloth

Thanks for the compliments guys. I guess im sorda jaded, the last exhaust I saw in person was an Arata. The finish and welds are top notch, but its almost double the price. I will look on the bright side, Big Bird=Bad Azz sound.

Back