The competition...

jeese....hope I can get a quick sale on my busa before everybody who is anybody strats dump'in'em like hot cakes.

whoops!...too late....again.....story of my pathetic life.
tounge.gif
cool.gif

jeese....hope I can get a quick sale on my busa before everybody who is anybody strats dump'in'em like hot cakes.

tounge.gif

cool.gif
yes im gonna go to kawi tomorrow and buy one .NOT Busa 7years of trial and error. Kawi 0 years not a hard decision..

tounge.gif

cool.gif
yes im gonna go to kawi tomorrow and buy one .NOT Busa 7years of trial and error. Kawi 0 years not a hard decision..
cool!
biggrin.gif

I'd like a green one but...for some reason kaw didn't spill that sweet green blood on this first year model...red, blue or black only....but word has it that as a promo?...they throw in 10lbs of ground beef with each new ZX-14 purchased..free....odd eh?
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

what he tells you in the vid....

"that's an ignitor, a pipe and stap tie downs on the suspension....less than $1000 worth of stuff."

what he doesn't tell you...

what those yellow letters on the side of those black leather pants the pilot is wearing spells out.
tounge.gif

I am just comparing the trap speed of the piped and strapped 2004 ZX-10R with Norm Jackson riding it .

If trap speed is HP then I am not impressed .

The ZX14 there ran 9.17@153 mph ... no slouch for sure but has the wheelbase edge on the 10R for a better ET

Right click for 9.34 @ 152.33 MPH by Norm Jackson

The 2006 ZX-10 makes 7-11 more HP stock than a piped 2004 ZX-10R . I think theres a faster bike in the Kawasaki line-up for 2006 and it just has 999CC's  
biggrin.gif

So you want to see/hear the Kawi tearing up the 1/4!
LOOK NO FURTHER THAN THIS....
Here's a link to a list of quarter mile times covering some stock as well as modified bikes....but no ZX-14 tho http://www.esportbike.com/news/mile_times.html . But we do have Ricky Gadson (who makes ANYthing fast) running a 12. Check out the times diff folk have ran.....it shows that a piped/ignited?/strapped/geared ect 14 run like this isn't that much quicker than anything else considering you have Ricky on it. I also have a magazine article (which I will try and find to post) where they took a 2004 GSXR-1000 and a 04 Busa and gave them the same treatment as the 14, and with a pro rider the Busa broke into the 8's and the 1000 was very close.So keep it in perspective folks....don't let the old "gotta have the Latest and not much quicker Greatest" get to you  
wink.gif
If it wasn't for the hump I couldn't hang onto my Busa as is...fer gawds sake how much more speed do we need? 32 years ago the Kawasaki H2 750 2 stroke triple was the fastest thing going....and believe me I had a ball riding it. I doubt all of a sudden a tenth or 2 in the quarter and on paper is gonna change the thrill of my ride now. Sometimes folks can be so silly  
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143170273 -->

The only ignitors ive ever really seen have been on gas stoves/grills, which means that this bike has propane injection, but wait thats for diesel motors, and then there are ignitors for model rocket motors, but that doesnt seem to be in play here, so help the dumb noob out, WTF is an ignitor??

-WHEELMAN

The only ignitors ive ever really seen have been on gas stoves/grills, which means that this bike has propane injection, but wait thats for diesel motors, and then there are ignitors for model rocket motors, but that doesnt seem to be in play here, so help the dumb noob out, WTF is an ignitor??

-WHEELMAN
DOH, ignitor, on a ZX-14, gosh im stupid, its for the GRILLS!!!!!!!!!

yes i quoted myself, and yes, im laughing at my own joke.

-WHEELMAN

-WHEELMAN
DOH, ignitor, on a ZX-14, gosh im stupid, its for the GRILLS!!!!!!!!!

yes i quoted myself, and yes, im laughing at my own joke.

-WHEELMAN
laugh.gif

What Bigred said. I love my 750 turbo. I loved my GT380. I loved my Yamaha 400 with 60k miles. I just can't see spending 10k for a new bike because it's a tick qiucker.

I'm getting one, great for touring. I get hungry and pop open my George foreman grills, eat a couple of burgers and I'm back on the road LOL. I sat on one at the Atlanta show and I was impressed with the comfort, still not the look however.:p

Guess I better sell Carmen,NOT!!!!!!! The busa with the likes of Ryan,Ricky G,or anybody else of that caliber piloting the bike,is a devistating bike.It does have 100 more cc's,so there is a bit to be expected from this increase in cubes.Its still doesnt have the styling q's the Busa has in my opinion.NJ.

It bwill be interestin to see some true specs on the bike one of these days.

Back