Beware of those loose pavers at the end of

craigntx

Registered
im pullin outta the driveway and felt a terrible bang on lower front end, almost crashed it.
ya know how on aged driveways the part meets the street can break away?
well i hit a piece just right, maybe 8inch by 4
it went up into my lower fairing, crushing one side bad, cracking the other.
it also made a dent in my 2 month old yoshi header.
i call moto x outlet, where i got the full system for $650
they dont sell just the header. i call yoshi-they want $580 for the header!
theres a rattle sounds like from the fan!
bad day
the homeowners ins is tryin to weasel out,
and my ins co, state farm will prolly cancel me.
whattya think?

I think that qualifies as a bad day! I would think homeowners would cover it, but you might have to harass them some. Sorry for the bad luck...
sad.gif

thats the kicker
homeowners is tryin to weasel out, basically sayin if i live here, and recieve mail here, its not covered.
if state farm covers it, they'll prolly cancel me.
one side can be saved if i plastic weld the crack. maybe get the other side for a few hundred. then im lookin at a paint job.
as far as the header, being caved in the flows contricted.
so do i order a whole new system and try to sell the can and mid pipe?
i have my old 4-s stock system i COULD put on, but that'd suck.
what to do?

Who's responsibility is it to maintain the curbing in your area? Might be worth looking into. The city's street division is usually responsible. Not saying to sue them, but see if they might work something out with you.

How bad is the header dented? Maybe a muffler shop could open it up for you, or at least cut out a piece and weld in a new one. It would sure be a helluva lot cheaper that way. E-bay for the lowers.

Good Luck
cool.gif

the loose concrete is at the end of the driveway, part of the house
didnt think of welding the header. hmmm
thanks for the idea
a wreckers picking it up tomorrow and taking it to the stealership..

If it is under $1k, I would fix it yourself. It's not worth your rates going up.

Also how bad is the header? Is it restricting flow or just dented a little. I have heard of several people including myself with dented headers and NO LOSE in power/performance....
wink.gif

headers caved pretty bad
one side panels trashed
theres a rattling/lite knock like the fans hitting something
its goin to the stealership now
no wheels for a while
sigh.........
in the light i noticed a small hole in the header, maybe thats where the tickings coming from?

<!--EDIT|craigntx
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143216317 -->

That blows! Sorry for your bad luck. Sometimes headers can be heated and repaired. Used to be done alot with expansion chambers in the old days. Call your local shops and dealers to see if anyone is in your area. It's usually a pretty unique skill. I've seen some amazing before/afters. Sometimes they would be completely flat on one side and end up looking brand new.
Secure the fairing any way you can and ride that bad boy untill you see some replacements on the board or on Ebay. What color and year? Let me know and I'll keep and eye out for replacements.

state farm can buy me new fairings, at $700 a pop
that'd be good, seein as how they screwed me on my last deal (theft of my 01) they'll come in the right color and with stickers.
ive never heard of sleeves for pipes, but im gonna try to get a new header. ill try to sell the can and mid pipe here, or maybe keep it, as my luck seems to suck?
this'll be my 2nd claim in under a year, so i guess ill be cancelled

Back