Sorry guys...

wickedsprint

Registered
Well it looks like I too am one of the arseholes who opted to get something lighter, did not want the outright raciest Literbike, I wanted something with comparable fit and finish of the Hayabusa so I opted for an 06' CBR1000RR in Black. The hayabusa really has me spoiled in the refinment category as I think it is one of the nicest finished streetbikes ever made, it's all in the details. I think the CBR1000RR ought to be a hoot with my size (5'10 160lbs) The good news is my roomate bought the Busa so I can still ride it anytime I want a good healthy dose of TQ, I think the Busa makes more TQ than the CBR by 3000rpm...eek Here is a pic of the 06 in black. I should be picking it up saturday. I think dare I say it that the CBR feels a touch more comfy in the seat department since the Busa has a pretty long reach to the bars which forces me to use the narrow front of the seat whereas the reach on the Honda is alot closer so I get all of the seat, however the pegs are closer as well which likely means I won't have that legroom I like.

06_CBR1000RR_Blk.jpg

im your same height and weight and i dont think there is any way your a$$ is going to feel better on that small skinny seat compared to the busas seat. i rode one of those bikes for about 50 miles and it beat the crap outta my a$$. thats a nice bike and all but i would of opted for the gixer 1000 if i couldnt get the busa. lighter and faster.
wink.gif
anyway i hope you enjoy your new bike.

I will obviously have to wait for a longer ride but as I was saying...the Busa I have to stretch to use the back half of the seat (wide part) and the Honda I can use all of the seat, apparently the 06's got the nice seat so we'll see. One thing I also like about the CBR is the removable transmission, especially with how many hi performance bikes eventually get tranny issues, that is why the engine case on this side is so large, you yank out the clutch and the whole transmission pops out the side without removing the engine/splitting cases.

The 06 1000RR is not a bad machine. It underwent a weightloss program and benefited from a healthier dose of TQ and HP. Not a bad choice.

I don't know what you're talkin about with the reach-to-the-bars stuff (I'm shorter than you). I never had any problems reaching the bars.
rock.gif
As far as the seating goes, you're in for a world of hurt once you start riding that honda for a prolonged period of time. I've found the Busa seat to be by far the cushiest of the sports bikes. A coworker has the 04 (?) 1000RR and that seat looks anemic. Doesn't look too comfy. He's confirmed my suspicions. In terms of TQ, that RR is down about 15 ft-lbs.

Ah well...whatever floats your boat, I guess. I wouldn't give up my Busa for THREE of those litre bikes. The only time I'll invest in one is when I decide to commit to the track scene.

Happy trails and ride safe. You need to be more aware on this new class of litres. They're not as forgiving. The RR used to be the most forgiving of the bunch, but with the remodel for 06, it's been given more bite.

Be safe.

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143009326 -->

Thanks for the advice, maybe I have short arms
smile.gif
, "problem" reaching the bars may not be the best description, but the reach on the Busa feels longer than the Honda, dunno why. Luckily the seat was supposedly redesigned to be softer for 06'. Again we'll see. Most of the CBR owners are reporting the seats need some time to soften up and get comfortable. I am guessing the engine will feel a little weaker than the Busa, the engine in the Busa is something everyone should experience.

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143010012 -->

I loved my '04 CBR. But they are right the seat on it was like a plank. But the '06 is suppose to have a revised seat on it along with the weight savings. If I were to get another liter I would probably go back to the Honda just love the look. As far as the reach goes it is a bit shorter on the CBR.

Happy Riding

Hey, it's all about eye of the beholder- If you're happier with the CBR, then go with it man..

Sounds like you have the best of BOTH worlds, if your roomate still has your other ride!!

Good luck w/it.

BUSAFETT

I was leaning toward the CBR1000RR till I spotted the 06LE. Its a nice bike. And I like that sterring damper. Electronic, adjusts with your spend.

i'm going to purchase my busa in a couple of weeks, i have sat on both bikes and for me 6'1 300 lbs in need the leg space and i love the feel of the busa.

Nice bike that has many upgrades for 2006 . Pretty tough engines also . I saw one 2004 model with 30k miles dyno within 1-2 hp of what it did at 1500 .

Some of the full pipes for those don't make any more HP than a slip-on does . Do your homework there .

BTW , when you get ready there's more power to be had and yours has a better intake cam , head and valve springs than previous models but anyway here is a 2004 CBR1000RR  , 1070 , stock cams retimed , ported head and Arrow exhaust , the non race one they sell and  93 octane .

That was a low cost build for the power gained .

cbrr1000stkcams.jpg

Uh.......maybe this is a stupid question. If the seat is to "hard" why couldn't you buy an aftermarket seat to fit your needs?

Nice bike. Whatever gets the wind in your face. Contrary to popular belief, the Busa isn't the only bike worth riding. I rode a CBR 1k last year. It was setup for the track. It didn't have a seat, just one of those grit strips where the seat used to be. Rode it for about two hours on the highway. It was a fun ride, sore but fun

I had a CBR954RR before the Busa and it honda makes one of the best user friendly bikes on the market today. This year they made alot of internal udgrades to compete with the new liter bikes out today. It may not be quit as fast a the new GSX-R1000 but it is a good bike. It ain't a BUSA either but congrats and enjoy.

Back