How do you clean your leathers?

SpecOpsScout

Registered
Hey Guys,
I got a used one piece Z Custome Leathers Race Suit, from a buddy at work. It fits perfectly, like it was made for me, and the only down side was that it had been in storage hanging in his basement for a while. It was very dirty, but after a few hours of scrubbing it with saddle soap, it looks damn near like new. Now here's the questions...
1. Should I apply some type of lotion or oil to the leathers, like mink oil or neatsfoot oil maybe, since it's been scrubbed with hot water, saddle soap and a stiff brush? I gotta imagine it's fairly dry right now, and looks pretty flat, too...I'm thinking Armorall is a no no, but wanted to see what you guys use.
2. The suit is primarly white and has a few spots where the finish has worn off and the bare leather is showing through. Can this be touched up with shoe polish or something? Or should I just ignore the wear points, as I might get transfer onto my bike?
3. Any advice for cleaning up the inside? It seems pretty good to go right now, but I figured I'd ask for future reference.
Thanks!
Respectfully,
Harry

Actually you can Call Z Custom and ask them. They'll tell you more than you would ever want to know about leathers and how to clean and care for'em
tounge.gif
. If not them, you can call any Leather Suit manufacture and they'll give you all the info you need  
idea.gif

Special Ops!

Saaalute my man!

Check these folks out:
http://www.leatherstuff.com/shop/index.php?id=269

Apple Prods are the shiznit...

I have used them for eons (thats years for you and me) and the stuff is pretty good on leather - almost works on love bugs!
As far as the inside....
Women are naturally attracted to Oust!!!

Welcome to the board!

i was considering mink oil for my leather jacket. apparantly, it will waterproof and revive the leather.
rock.gif

I have a couple suits and I have cleaned them by putting them in a tub with hot water/soap/white vinegar and then rinse and let them sit flat on a surface and dry in the sun or if you want that custom fit wear on the bike until they dry. I was told to do this by Barnacle Bill the suit maker.

Back