Arodynamic conserns

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
I just finished with my HMF highmounts, and installing a Zero Gravity Double Bubble, and a top gun undertail.

I don't know if it's just because I haven't ridden my bike all winter, or if it just happened to be a windy day... But the bike feels almost lighter, like it's not glued to the ground.

To top it off, I had some buffeting that actually grabbed my handlebars. Scared the living sh** out of me seeming I was doing 100+ at the time.

Am I just imagining things?

EDIT: And I meant : Aerodynamic concerns ... but it won't let me change it.

<!--EDIT|pseudo
Reason for Edit: "spelling check"|1142907153 -->

It could have been from a number of factors. High winds, road conditions, tire pressure, ... Then again, maybe you were going real fast and didn't realize it.
smile.gif

Your listed mods should have no affect except for the zg db which would ease the wind blast to you compared to the oem windscreen.

The exhaust and undertail aren't doing anything aerodynamically.

The double bubble will actually plant the bike more into the road surface. So, if anything your mod is actually incrasing front downforce
wink.gif

In a tuck at speed with a taller windscreen you get more down-force on the bike, but you also get less down-force on your Helmet itself and depending on the aerodynamics of the helmet, the wind outside and the larger dead space behind the taller windscreen could lend to a lighter feeling on your head.  If you've ever gone really fast in a GOOD TUCK behind a STOCK busa windscreen, there's quite a bit of down-force on the top of your helmet. Oh and ah Zero Gravity means ?

<!--EDIT|mymaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142922020 -->

Back