Noticed something bizarre today ?

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
The boot on the starter lead. Bike is new, never serviced the starter before, no visible debris from it. Any thoughts ?

Picture_1165.jpg

that is a small hole in it.

<!--EDIT|mymaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142902246 -->

Picture_1172.jpg

no, wasn't me. Looks repetitive and in different directions. Would it come from the factory like that or the dealer putting something together ?

<!--EDIT|mymaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142902877 -->

dont quote me but i could be a mouse taken a bite outta your wires...

Dude! From someone that's owned rodents in the past .... Those are mouse/rat teeth marks! I had a TV remote control that looked just like that when my pet rat got out of his cage years back.:D

I work on cars for a living and have seen those marks on lots of cars a few times they chewed through the insulation on smaller wires and caused weird electrical problems.I think they look for warm places to sleep in maybe

looks to be ratty.

I'd place money on an errant faction of the rodent population with a pechant for plastic.

This is just to much, ya know I took the nose & tank off to be painted. A week later I uncover the bike to do some small work and I notice all these little hair like fur thingies all over the top of the front fender. I go to my self, a small animal has been on this bike, WTF. Did clean it up and have not notice any buildup of fur or poop since then. I'm definitely going to go over this bike when it's put back together and check the ram air tubes and air box, also a rodent trap is in order.

Picture_942.jpg

the worst thing is when they get into the a/c vents on cars and die had to remove a few dashes to dig them out what a smell

<!--EDIT|oldbird
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142908512 -->

I've never baited a motorcycle before but I guess I better do it.  Just to weird.

<!--EDIT|mymaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142916136 -->

Picture_1174.jpg

I've never baited a motorcycle before but I guess I better do it.  Just to weird.
Just be sure that trap don't snap any of the wires.

Alternatively, you could cover up the small holes (where they may crawl in) and you could drop some pellets.

As for the mod, well...for me, that's a little too big of a fire near me bum.

Check your airbox too. I found my daughters 04 TTR125 dirtbike airbox completely full of shells and other debris last year. The bike is stored in a clean garage. Buggers, found their way into it.

Back