Question regarding brakes

whytlotus

Registered
I have a brake related question for anyone that's installed new wave or stock rotors.  Just installed a new pair of Braking wave rotors on new CZ Stage II rims on the front. I am still using the stock pads with a little over 1,000 miles on them. Everything mounted up ok and all is torqued to spec with exception of the axle which is half of normal specs per manufacturer. While the wheel will turn there is some resistance or drag while up on the stand. Doesn't seem to bad, but just wondering if that's to be expected with new rotors? With a little effort to try and spin the tire, I get maybe about a half or better of one revolution before it stops. Sound about right? The wheel has been off for about 2 weeks and I really don't remember what it was like before I removed it.

<!--EDIT|whytlotus
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142900951 -->

I have a brake related question for anyone that's installed new wave or stock rotors.  Just installed a new pair of Braking wave rotors on new CZ Stage II rims on the front. I am still using the stock pads with a little over 1,000 miles on them. Everything mounted up ok and all is torqued to spec with exception of the axle which is half of normal specs per manufacturer. While the wheel will turn there is some resistance or drag while up on the stand. Doesn't seem to bad, but just wondering if that's to be expected with new rotors? With a little effort to try and spin the tire, I get maybe about a half or better of one revolution before it stops. Sound about right? The wheel has been off for about 2 weeks and I really don't remember what it was like before I removed it.
Busa's use a full floating rotor, when you put on NEW rotors
you will have to rotate the wheel several times and apply
the brakes to center the rotors.

Rotate the wheel and apply the brakes about every 1/4 turn
until it rotates more freely
wink.gif

wink.gif
Learn sumfn new everyday here !

super.gif

wink.gif
Learn sumfn new everyday here !

super.gif
+1

wink.gif
Thanks....will do!

What do you mean about half the torque on the front axle?
I normally torque mine to the manual (70ftlbs). Is this too much?
rock.gif

Back