Picture from padre island

oldbird

Registered
Rode out to padre island early this morning last day of texas week. One pic i took still learning how to post pics, try to post more later.

101_0809.JPG

Ahhhh, fond memories! Spent many a spring break in South Padre....6 to be exact. Ya, that's right....6 yrs to get through college, I ain't proud. Got la*d in the Hilton outside hot tub, washed down peyote buttons with teqillia from Mexico on the beach, those were the days! That was 20 some years ago but seems like yesterday. Is the beach still gooey with tar from the gulf? The hotels all had tar removal stations, had to clean your feet before coming onto the concrete. We use to buy huge prawns right off the srimp boats and cook them in a big pot out on the beach......
all_coholic.gif
40__s.gif
tounge.gif

I also have great memories from back in the day but this time I was there early Sunday morning the drinkers were still sleeping and the other half were probably walking in there rooms paranoid saying there coming to get me.No more tar on the beach just lots of DPS on the road:D
biggrin.gif

101_0801.JPG

Nice pictures, reminds me of my childhood there, "UH" but without the Girls Gone Wild, shucks
cool.gif

ohhh how i miss spring break at south padre... went there 3 years in a row in college and what a time i had
biggrin.gif

might have to head down there sometime soon!

Great pics!

Back