We just got to raise the speed limits!

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
or end up with a fat ticket. Man, the new LE likes to cruise around 95 or so, everything seems to be working just fine at that speed but, damn, having to overly be on the lookout for LEOs can make for a stressful ride sometimes.
Why not allow for a special 'speeding' license for those who can demonstrate they have the capabilities of riding/driving better than the average minivan driver? Under the right conditions, weather, road condition, traffic etc, the specially licensed rider would be able to legally traverse the distance at a higher speed. I'd even agree to have my bike marked with a big orange sign so the LEOs could tell at a glance that they wouldn't have to come after me. Wishful thinking? I can't wait to get to Montana in June where even the two lanes are posted for 75 mph!!!

or end up with a fat ticket.  Man, the new LE likes to cruise around 95 or so, everything seems to be working just fine at that speed  but, damn, having to overly be on the lookout for LEOs can make for a stressful ride sometimes.
<span style='color:red'>Why not allow for a special 'speeding' license for those who can demonstrate they have the capabilities of riding/driving better than the average minivan driver?</span>  Under the right conditions, weather, road condition, traffic etc, the specially licensed rider would be able to legally traverse the distance at a higher speed.  I'd even agree to have my bike marked with a big orange sign so the LEOs could tell at a glance that they wouldn't have to come after me.  Wishful thinking?  I can't wait to get to Montana in June where even the two lanes are posted for 75 mph!!!
Because the average minivan driver is the problem, not the person who can demonstrate they have the capabilities of riding/driving better.

montana GIF

bring back #MontanaBahn *

Last edited:
We had Pre Procurement Packages down near Munich and would leave Zweibrucken AB at night time and haul butt down A8 with less traffic and see who could get there first then hit a Gasthaus for food and beer.
I used to be on a lot of "Winged Dagger" exercises in Europe and one time we had a bit of time off s a couple of us rented a Mercedes, we were out on the Autobahn feeling smug in our rental until we saw a flash of light behind us and something red went by us like we were on the side of the road....

I used to be on a lot of "Winged Dagger" exercises in Europe and one time we had a bit of time off s a couple of us rented a Mercedes, we were out on the Autobahn feeling smug in our rental until we saw a flash of light behind us and something red went by us like we were on the side of the road....
I did the same thing after one week in Germany, got a rental and had it floor on the Autobahn and a white Porsche passed me so fast it took me by surprised and I said where did he come from ! That day I found out there is always someone faster on the Autobahn LOL.

Back in the day you drive a 100 Km in any direction and run into some Army Post in Germany, they were everywhere.

Back