Ferrodo sintergrip st "roads" brake pads

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Stay tuned...I'm bust'in my azz de-glazing my rotors and re-installing my old stock pads (thank god I saved'em) now.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Did you give the rotors a good roughing up before installing the new pads, and did you give them a little while to bed it???

If they Blow and you know it? Go get some EBC HH Sintered Pads. Great Compound, RIGHT NOW feel, with a bit too aggressive initial bite. But make sure your dentures are secured cause your stopping.

I wouldn't use them on the rear.

hhpads.jpg

Bill, try the EBC HH pads. Once they're seated, they work great. (It takes about 200miles of use to seat them on average) PM me for a price.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142720639 -->

I've had em' for about 1000 miles now and I am a big fan.

I've had em' for about 1000 miles now and I am a big fan.
Which ones Rev?...The Ferrodo or The EBC HH's?

I had the EBC HH's on both my ZRX and my FZ1 and loved'em...just wanted to try sumpt'in new and I was extremely pleased with'em at first as I did SS lines all around and the Ferrodo pads at the same time...still love the lines but the ferrodo's came just short of frying my rotors in about 5,000 miles of use...and you oughta see the ferrodo pads...and you will if ya stay tuned as I snapped some pix...they are toast...burnt toast...and upon closer inspection I have asscertained they are inferior to even the stock pads in several ways.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142722040 -->

They say "A Pic is worth a thousand words"?...well here's 6,000....

BRAKES1.jpg

BRAKES2.jpg

BRAKES3.jpg

BRAKES4.jpg

BRAKES5.jpg

BRAKES6.jpg

enough said and...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Hey Bill, I have used the Ferodo sinter grip street pads as well. Wore out more than one set. I really loved them and wouldn't buy anything else. However, my son is one of those crazy race kids that hits the road racing curcuit every summer. He convinced me to try the SBS Sinter Race pads. He actually bought me a set and dropped them off to me just so I would try them. I did and was amazed at the grip and feel of these pads. I couldn't believe how sweet they are. So if you are into trying something new, give these SBS Sinter RS pads a try. I think I paid about $70 for both sides. I don't think you'll be disappointed? Let me know if you'd want to try them and I'll look up the part number for you.

Hey Bill, I have used the Ferodo sinter grip street pads as well. Wore out more than one set. I really loved them and wouldn't buy anything else. However, my son is one of those crazy race kids that hits the road racing curcuit every summer. He convinced me to try the SBS Sinter Race pads. He actually bought me a set and dropped them off to me just so I would try them. I did and was amazed at the grip and feel of these pads. I couldn't believe how sweet they are. So if you are into trying something new, give these SBS Sinter RS pads a try. I think I paid about $70 for both sides. I don't think you'll be disappointed? Let me know if you'd want to try them and I'll look up the part number for you.
thanks tuf but...I'm all done with aftermarket pads...from now on?..it's either stock oem or EBC HH's for me...for the street anyways.

He11...the stock pads are a double pad vs ferrodos single pad construction....the oem pads have about 10% MORE surface area....more cooling grooves...and even a vented backplate...incidently the ferrodo's cost me $36.95 a pair....to slow roast my rotors in less than 5K miles.
sad.gif

Jinks, I hear ya! I am thrilled with the performance of my SBS pads thus far. Best I have had to date and I've tried most all of them to date. I don't know about how the rotors will hold up but I'll let you know down the road a ways.

I was so impressed with these SBS Sinter RS pads, I ordered them for my two other sport bikes as well.

Good Post Jinks!

Back