Jdookie

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Had a request for pics of a 200 rear mounted. Keep in mind that the clearance between the 200 and stock chain is very close. I just had the EK ZVX chain mounted and found out the EK chain is about 1 1/2 MM. wider than the stock chain. The tire actually touched the chain in one spot where the tire was wider (Its still new) than the rest. I ground about a 100th of an inch off of about an 1 1/2 inches of the side wall and everything is good to go; no more rubbing. The clearance is tight, but OK.

tire1small100_0609.JPG

Thank you so much, Chris, for taking the time to post these for me. The 200 looks great....and it *just* makes it! LOL.

The cf muzzy looks awesome too. I'm torn between the muzzy and tiforce right now.

Looks sweet! But one qusetion,, I see it all the time, and wondered why.. Who do people cover there plate when they take a picture? when you drive around with it uncovered for everyone to see. I'm Not being smart a$$ just wondering.

Bike looks great!

You can find an addy for anyone with the plate #. Thiefs dont need the extra help finding out where the nice bikes are. You dont have much of a choice on the street.

I have read that the stock 190 BT56 is actually 198mm wide. You should be fine. Looks like you got a pretty serious set of chicken strips though. Does the 200 make it handle any different?

I have read that the stock 190 BT56 is actually 198mm wide. You should be fine. Looks like you got a pretty serious set of chicken strips though. Does the 200 make it handle any different?
Chicken strips come with new tires! I was much more comfortable with the 200 in the twisties than the stock tire. Ill post some pics up tomorrow of the used tire. There are a few her that have riden with me that will tell you I'm not afraid to turn.

Chicken strips come with new tires! I was much more comfortable with the 200 in the twisties than the stock tire. Ill post some pics up tomorrow of the used tire. There are a few her that have riden with me that will tell you I'm not afraid to turn.
What made it more comfortable for ya? A narrower tire should help it to turn a bit better, was it the improved stick of the Maxxis over the stocker or?

What made it more comfortable for ya?  A narrower tire should help it to turn a bit better, was it the improved stick of the Maxxis over the stocker or?
I'm not sure to be honest. I'm thinking that the maxxis has a much rounder, taller contour. The stock tire seemed to be a little flatter if you know what I mean. Those are the only two tires I have compared on my bike in paticular. I have riden other busas with different tires, but didnt know the bike well enough to A: ride on the edge with someone elses bike or B: compare the ride to my tires on my bike. All I know, and I dont have track times or any scientific data to back it up, is that I feel MUCH more comfortable and confident on the 200 maxxis than the stock tire; almost like there is more rubber meeting the road.

Yeah I do understand about the stockers having a flattened profile, it definately has that feel to it as well. I figure as long as it makes ya more confident and confortable, thats definately a good thing!
smile.gif

Chris, that chain looks super duty!
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|GSXcite
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142818882 -->

Back