Do you hate using your stock helmet locks?

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
I've heard mention that some busa owners loathe using their stock helmet locks...some so difficult to use they'll leave you fumbling like a drunkard trying to solve a chinese geometry puzzle in a dark parking lot as you desperately try to release your helmets D-Ring from the Deathgrip of that tightly bent tab you were stupid enough to use...at least that's the way it made me feel...and especially not a great scene to be part of while leaving a bar late at night...particularly when the viewing audience is johnny law or?..1/2 doz of your best riding buds already geared up and ready whilst your still left  playing rubics cube with your stock helmet lock...so?...without further adue?..I present to the members of hayabusa.org...

"JINKSTERS HELMET LOCK TAB TWEAK"

check it out...

HLMOD1.jpg

HLMOD2.jpg

It's an extremely simple cure and works wonders as it increases "Ease Of Use" about 1000% yet still leaves your helmets locked under key without compromising security levels in the least.

Tools: approx. 1' length of 1" pipe (PVC will suffice if your gentle with it)

ouside of that?...

Cost: Nothing but a couple minutes of your time and effort...actually?..less than the effort it would take of "Unhanging Your Helmet" should you ever accidently get the small d-ring hung up on the tab as your only supposed to hook the large D-ring...but shid happens...and it was plenty difficult to use even when ya got it right...but after tweaking the 20 degree bend on there?...it was rediculously easy and actually a pleasure to use...(instead of potential level 10 fraustration)...each time...every time.

I apologize if someone else has brought this to the boards attention before as my intent here is to help and NOT to steal anyone elses thunder...if so?...please delete...outside of that?...get this done folks...you'll thank yourselves for it time and time again afterwards and...your riding buds and/or johnny law will never get to view you as an incompetent dork again...ever.
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142712277 -->

I dunno, sounds like an expensive mod... And time consuming as well...

Not a bad idea...

you're extremely welcome folks....and btw...I just "Modded The Mod" a few minutes ago...go with a full 40-45 Degree bend...won't hurt a thing and makes..."Easier"...downright effortless...amazing.....I'm still stunned at myself...and suzuki engineering for that matter...such a silly little thing to improve that can make life more pleasant and...soooo much easier......as in....did no one at suzuki try to use their own sill azz helmet locks...then ask themself....if I were the consumer would "I" wanna deal with this dorky BS helmet lock?....and I guess the answer to that question would be...NooooOOOOO? wtf?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

or you can just dremel the inner half off completly, still holds the helmets fine.

...and especially not a great scene to be part of while leaving a bar late at night...particularly when the viewing audience is johnny law or?..1/2 doz of your best riding buds already geared up and ready whilst your still left playing rubics cube with your stock helmet lock...so?..
If you can't get your helmet off after "leaving a bar late at night".....

-maybe you shouldn't ride at all?

Back